job/career advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BGSM

I am looking for a job somewhere in or close to the mountains with cooler weather than FL. I have 3,000tt but only 50 multi. My wish list also includes being home at nights(if possible). I am looking for long term employment, I am late 30's so I don't want to move around a lot anymore. Any constructive input would be appreciated.

It appears your goals are too narrow to make it in this business. You are going for QOL before you have the resume fluff that is tuff to do. You have the hours for 135 IFR PIC, there are tons of jobs you qualify for around the US, you will have to move and you will most likely have to fly at night.

BGSM, you need to build up your multi-engine hours and be more flexible. This may require flying nights to build up your resume. To get to the top you have to work your way up.

Set some realistic goals and go for it. Good luck, we have all been there, done that.

Have you ever thought about a career instructor position? At a university or on of those flight schools that teaches student from other countries. I heard that JAL school in Napa is hiring instructors. I think the pay is like 40k to start

wa_flyboy said:
You meet the requirements for Ameriflight...Also try Empire

Wrong on that. I believe Ameriflight and Empire both require 100hrs of multi.

Not wanting to argue...but I have buddies that have gotten on with both with just over 50 hours......may have just been a fluke!!!

Amflight changed their mins from 100 to 50, but 100 is preferred. I got on with 88. Empire wants 200 ME.

Peter Brady said:
Wrong on that. I believe Ameriflight and Empire both require 100hrs of multi.

Last edited:
wa_flyboy said:
Not wanting to argue...but I have buddies that have gotten on with both with just over 50 hours......may have just been a fluke!!!

Oops...I stand corrected. You are absolutely correct. Their website even says it. :)

Latest resources

Back