Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kingairrick said:
Why can't they have O or I?
So when some fool buzzes his parent's house, the neighbor taking down the tail # does not get the 0(Zero) and 1(One) confused with O(Oscar) and I(India)

I used to fly an N_500. It was re-registered from -5CC. Registered in the last couple of years, so unless something has changed since '03, you can have it in your number. We've also got a 331EN, 831EX, 911HA, 931HA, 941HA at my job now.

OPECJet said:
I used to fly an N_500. It was re-registered from -5CC. Registered in the last couple of years, so unless something has changed since '03, you can have it in your number. We've also got a 331EN, 831EX, 911HA, 931HA, 941HA at my job now.

You can have zero and one, no Oscar or India...as someone already stated. With those tailnumbes, guess I know who you fly for now....:p

sleepy said:
Does Buffet fly the 900 himself, or use professional pilots?

Jimmy fly's the aircraft and has a crew to fly the aircraft for him. When I went through FSI 900 initial in May 2004, his pilots were in my class for DA50 to DA90 transition. They were both a couple of great guys and both confirmed that Jimmy was quite capable and professional when he flew the aircraft.

Both Jimmy and his pilots were at FSI just this last week or so for recurrent.

Kingairrick said:
New tail number is 95Oscar Sierra. So good guess.

Taxied out behind his -900, N908JB, in FLL last month. Hard to tell which was the givaway, the waves with fin protruding on the #2 intake or the registered owner - "Strangebird".

"PS- Do the crews wear floral-print shirts and flip-flops?"

True Story: Had a buddy interview there years ago. He shows up in standard interview attire and the CP, wearing something considerably less formal and sandals, looks at him at says "you gotta promise me that should you get this job this will be the last time I see you in a suit...." He didn't get the job so he still has the suit.

A 900B for the B man?:eek: Guess the music pirating industry hasn't slowed him down much. Where would I have been in college without Jimmy???!!!

PS: FalconCapt - You aren't flying an actual G-V now are you? Is it Christmas already???? Judging from your new Avatar I'd say you are.

Last edited:
sydeseet said:
PS: FalconCapt - You aren't flying an actual G-V now are you? Is it Christmas already???? Judging from your new Avatar I'd say you are.
Yeah, we FINALLY got ours! I have about 40 hours in it, nice machine... Finally got to see the world from FL510!

Latest resources

Back