Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry about your luck!!!

I'll take another Jack and Coke...Mayday

Regional jet craze? Come on. There is nothing "regional" about a 100-person jet that can travel up to 2,300 NM and go Mach 0.80. This deal is simply giving JetBlue a lower-capacity jet for lighter-density markets. It's being operated by the so-called "mainline" people at JetBlue, not by some pathetically-paid underling. I'm sure the pilots will make less cash, but this plane is a DC-9 in Brazilian clothing with wing-mounted engines. I'm sure it flies much then same, but it has the capacity of a DC9-30.

Go to www.embraer.com and click on "aircraft" then "Embraer 190" for more info. It looks like a pretty slick plane, but it ain't no RJ. Enough of this distinction... ;)

Hey,
I resemble that remark,"pathetically-paid underling", you obviously have been looking at the SKYW "new" payscales.
PBR
I voted NO and am still pi$$ed!

Merikeyegro

it looks like a great airplane,
your right , It's no Rj. Even though it will supplement JB's flying.

Please define RJ for me. RJ is an invention designed to keep the aircraft out of the mainline. This is a mainline jet.

Anyone from the Upper Midwest is aware of how a DC-9-30 flies. I've never flown one. Silly of me to just make an assumption. I don't care if the E190 takes off like a helicopter and lands on water single-engine. IT JUST AIN'T NO RJ. That was my only point. Made a comparison to a DC-9 based on capacity. Used it to direct the conversation away from an RJ "let's fly for free to get jet time" discussion. NWA uses DC-9s at it main operation and uses paid pilots. JetBlue will do the same with the E190. That's it.

Man, where's a phone when you need one? I hate trying to explain myself over e-mail. You lose so much in the translation. Hell, it already cost me one job. Anyone just wanna come down here to Florida and hash all this crap out over beers at the Ale House? I'm one hell of a salesman. You'll all be agreeing with me in 10 minutes. Guaranteed :)

Anyway, I'm happy that JetBlue is expanding. Good to know that a good company is making inroads. Now, if the pay would just come up a little all over the industry, I could afford to dump my CFI job and get into the industry! Well, there'd have to be jobs available and fewer than 9,000 pilots on the street, but who's counting...You know things are F-ed up when a CFI job pays way better than a jet job. Never thought I'd be at 2500-300 in a CFI job. Oh well.

D@mn Information Age. I am a much better talker...

Re: JetBlue pilots just lower pay

The 190 pilots will be paid more than A320 FO's but less than the A-320 Capts. I read somewhere. I'm sure this pay is regarding the 190 Capts, not the FO's.

I'm not familiar with JB's payscale, but I'd guess that JB FO's curently make more than most 'regional' captains, so I would think they pay would be in line if you go with the 'pay for capacity' arguement.

You can't have the cake and eat it too, guys. If you want pilots to be paid by capacity, then the 190 guys deserve less than the 320 guys. If you want to call them all 'JB pilots', and treat them like WN does (pay to fly, not for capacity), then there should be no more carping about Skywest flying -700's for -200 pay, etc.

The pay is going down b/c there is more supply than there used to be, even when you factor in the increased demand for flying these days. If all pilots would take a stand, then they pay would go up again. But take a look around. Mesa is the last large pilot group to get a raise, and their raise doesn't even bring them to the levels of some of their competion after concessions. Everyone else is signing concessions. That's just the way it is.

JB seems like a great place to work right now (pilots there love it, and I never hear THEM complain about the pay), and, since the 190's aren't due till 2005, maybe we could just give them a break for a year or two, huh? If your company doesn't pay you as much as you deserve, then don't vote for concessions. Take care of your own house, and don't go to JB if they don't pay a fair wage.

-Boo!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back