JetBlue or UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TravisMcgee

I've got an interview soon with JB and am still on furlough with United but should be getting a recall soon. If the JB interview goes well, which do I choose? Also, is there still a non-compete clause in the JB contract you sign that says you can't go back to your previous carrier for two years or you owe JB all the costs they've incurred on your behalf?

United.

The non-compete is still there, but I know two guys who returned to their legacy carriers after 6 months at Jetblue. We consulted lawyers who felt Jetblue violated their own agreement with the 190 situation.

Needless to say Jetblue so far has not filed a lawsuit.

United !!!

United!? You guys need to update your paradigm. Why go back to a carrier just coming out of bankruptcy over JB? To each his own.

Oh man...this should get interesting.

Go to United. Wide body flying all over the world. Beats picking up trash and flying an RJ around. Although I shouldn't talk, that's what I do.

Choice is yours. I would only add that B6 is not looking to merge anytime soon. There are lot of ex-United people at B6 who haven't looked back since they came over.

It's a matter of preference. United flys all over the world. JetBlue flys all over the east coast (with some west coast flying too). If you prefer shorter trips, then JB. If you prefer more exotic locations but more jetlag, then United.

Good luck with your decision.

Latest resources

Back