jetblue jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ThreeGreens

Do we have to list ahead to jumpseat on jetblue ?
If yes, is there a special number or is it just the reservation number ?
Thanks.

Do we have to list ahead to jumpseat on jetblue ?
If yes, is there a special number or is it just the reservation number ?
Thanks.

No, Just list at the gate or ticket counter.

FNG

You don't have to, but if you want to save time at the gate you can call 800 JETBLUE to list yourself. The gate agent would probably appreciate it, but showing up cold is OK too.

What also helps is a small gift or "token of appreciation" given from the heart. I have not found a gate agent who can turn down a blender or a microwave.

You don't have to, but if you want to save time at the gate you can call 800 JETBLUE to list yourself. The gate agent would probably appreciate it, but showing up cold is OK too.

For a "paperless" company, it takes FOREVER for the gate agent to list a jumpseater. If they are good, it can be a quick as 2 minutes, if they are slow, it might take 5 minutes. Out of LGB, I would get in that long line at the ticket counter. The line moves pretty fast until they start trying to list me.

I like the fact that they issue a Seat Assignment, rather than looking for a seat. I also like that JB lets pilots sit in the FA jumpseat. As uncomfortable as it is, it sure beats the seat in the terminal.

For a "paperless" company, it takes FOREVER for the gate agent to list a jumpseater. If they are good, it can be a quick as 2 minutes, if they are slow, it might take 5 minutes. Out of LGB, I would get in that long line at the ticket counter. The line moves pretty fast until they start trying to list me.

I like the fact that they issue a Seat Assignment, rather than looking for a seat. I also like that JB lets pilots sit in the FA jumpseat. As uncomfortable as it is, it sure beats the seat in the terminal.

S&S,

Yes our entire jumpseating and non-reving program is from the dark ages.

For now the best way is to call res to list, then the gate agent only has to pull up your record.

DW

I tried calling the 1-800 number and was told that i should just go to the ticket counter or the gate. In FLL you cannot go to the gate unless you have a boarding pass. At the ticket counter the line was very long. When i got to the counter, he asked me why i didn't list myself ahead. It took him a good 10 min. punching on this computer, to hear him say that the flight was closed. He issued a boarding pass anyway and told me to rush to the gate. Make a long story short, I made it. For next time, are we supposed to get listed or not ?

Thanks for the ride anyway. Let's remember it is a privilege.

They have this stupid rule in FLL airport, that you can't go through security without a boarding pass if your airline does not fly out of the same terminal.
I missed a few flights because of that. Southwest are the best because if you list yourself, you can use the automatic check in to get the gate pass.

I tried calling the 1-800 number and was told that i should just go to the ticket counter or the gate. In FLL you cannot go to the gate unless you have a boarding pass. At the ticket counter the line was very long. When i got to the counter, he asked me why i didn't list myself ahead. It took him a good 10 min. punching on this computer, to hear him say that the flight was closed. He issued a boarding pass anyway and told me to rush to the gate. Make a long story short, I made it. For next time, are we supposed to get listed or not ?

Thanks for the ride anyway. Let's remember it is a privilege.

They have this stupid rule in FLL airport, that you can't go through security without a boarding pass if your airline does not fly out of the same terminal.
I missed a few flights because of that. Southwest are the best because if you list yourself, you can use the automatic check in to get the gate pass.
That's odd. I jumped on JB out of FLL on Thursday w/o the boarding pass and not listed(and I don't fly out of FLL). No problems with security at all. Very courteous Gate Agents and Crew. Thanks for the ride blue people!

Mr. I.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back