• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue interviewing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't worry kittens, I'll try and save it!

The latest Internet rumor is classes 6/12 and 7/17 - no other newhire classes scheduled for summer after that.

The May 29 class was filled with pilots from the 2/5 and early 2/26 interviews.

Is there any idea what the breakdowns might be for 190 vs Airbus for those classes?

I'm in Orlando and met a new hire class by the pool. All but 2 have their APPS out and will leave once they are hired by a Major. The other 2 have ZERO PIC time.

The reasons they plan to leave are: uncompetitive Hourly Rate, Below Average Retirement, bad PTO accrual, no sick time and no Vacation.

I really cannot imagine new hires at DAL/UAL/SWA, etc ever having these conversations.

Curious. I know there are a few hundred former USAir pilots at jetBlue who were furloughed post 9/11 and chose to stay at jB rather than accept recall. Their last recall offer was probably around 2007. Have any had a change of heart and are any of them reapplying and trying to get an interview to go back to USAir now?

Just wondering what the thinking is from people who are/were in my peer group.

Curious. I know there are a few hundred former USAir pilots at jetBlue who were furloughed post 9/11 and chose to stay at jB rather than accept recall. Their last recall offer was probably around 2007. Have any had a change of heart and are any of them reapplying and trying to get an interview to go back to USAir now?

Just wondering what the thinking is from people who are/were in my peer group.

I have flown with some who have regrets for not taking recall when they could have, considering the AA merger and all. I am not sure if they are re-applying to US now, but I wouldnt be surprised.

We had 2 USAir guys in my class who had taken leave of absense before the furloughs. They are both going back.

I fly with a lot of those guys. So far none have said they regret it or are going back. Many of those guys are in their fifties, have great seniority and make a lot of money. With some seniority JetBlue can be very lucrative. I know the retirement and insurance are lacking, but the US Air pay rates have been so low it probably made no sense to go back. Also, this merger just happened and back in 2007 there would have been no indication that American was going to be a factor. It's hard leaving a $160,000+ job at a fairly stable company. Probably couldn't go wrong if the decision was made today.

It is sad watching pilots trying to figure out the flavor of the week. Today's hero is next years scumbag. Go somewhere where you won't have to commute, and enjoy the ride...

Latest resources

Back