JETBLUE Interview.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pin727

I got the call for jan10- 08 anybody alse on that day?
Probably asked already but here it goes, any good gauges or info on how the interview is?
any info that could help is good.
thanks and happy holidays to you!!!

Congrats on the interview. It is relatively low pressure, get to know you and what type of person/pilot you are.

When I interviewed, there was an exit interview where, among other things, you were given the opportunity to let the proverbial skeletons out of the closet. I suggest honesty and completeness are the best policies.

Good luck,
Spaz

Thanks for your post....
Sorry for my ignorance...what are the "proverbial skeletons". in your interview where the questions HR type tech or both??
How long ago did you interview... are you flying with JB ? do you like it??
Thanks again.

PIN727

All HR type questions, tell me about your career, Tell Me About A Time(TMAAT) you..
saw someone doing something unsafe
went above and beyond to satisfy a customer
helped someone with a technical problem
etc..
Your best review is to go over your logbooks and think of good stories, try to fit them into the situation/action/result formats.. and if you aren't captain perfect tell them what you learned and would do differently next time. If you can't think of a story for a specific question they will give you another question from the category. I passed on two questions.
In the post interview they ask what you thought, and say that they may offer you a class date before your background check is done.. so if you have anything that would come up in a background check fess up then.. I said I had a speeding ticket they might or might not find.. it wasn't an issue.

All HR type questions, tell me about your career, Tell Me About A Time(TMAAT) you..
saw someone doing something unsafe
went above and beyond to satisfy a customer
helped someone with a technical problem
etc..
Your best review is to go over your logbooks and think of good stories, try to fit them into the situation/action/result formats.. and if you aren't captain perfect tell them what you learned and would do differently next time. If you can't think of a story for a specific question they will give you another question from the category. I passed on two questions.
In the post interview they ask what you thought, and say that they may offer you a class date before your background check is done.. so if you have anything that would come up in a background check fess up then.. I said I had a speeding ticket they might or might not find.. it wasn't an issue.

DON'T REHEARSE YOUR ANSWERS. They can tell if you rehearsed them. Shoot from the hip and be yourself most of all. NO technical stuff will be asked just experiences in your career.

Have fun and good luck!

Go to that interview gouge website and look at the info over the last 6 months for JetBlue. Jot down every question that was mentioned. They will all be TMAAT type questions. Review those and try to have an incident/exprience or two in mind for each question. Don't rehearse your answers, just have an example in mind that you can chat about if they ask that question. Don't be afraid to say that you don't have any experience with a particular question, but don't go to that well too often (once or twice).

They are looking for an answer that follows this format:

Here's what happened.
Here's what I did.
Here's how it turned out.

Make sure you work into your answers something about our core values (look them up :) ) and you should be good to go.

Relax and be yourself. It's a very mellow experience. No good cop, bad cop crap.

Thanks for your post....
Sorry for my ignorance...what are the "proverbial skeletons". in your interview where the questions HR type tech or both??
How long ago did you interview... are you flying with JB ? do you like it??
Thanks again.

PIN727

The proverbial skeletons are anything that might show up in a background check that they would rather hear about from you than from the background check company. It's no big deal, though. They are very understanding. And regardless of what some here will tell you, nobody's perfect.

I interviewed in April, took the job and like it. However, if you are asking these questions here I highly suggest you do your homework before you take the job if offered. Find some pilots and talk to them. Use the search function on this message board. Read all the materials JB gives you abuot the company. Make an informed decision.

Good luck, and have fun!

Spaz

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back