Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sbas101

Hey guys,
I was curious if anyone had any good info on getting info and preparing for a Jet Blue interview? Please Advise thanks.....

There's not really much you can do to prepare for the interview. I "studied" for it by looking at www.aviationinterviews.com. If you're not familiar with the site, it's current gouge on interviews will all the airlines. I took weeks ensuring I had an answer to everyone question on the list and then didn't get asked a single one. I definitely wasted a lot of time.

There are no technical questions (I don't think) unless the interviewer is just curious. I hate to give you the ol' "relax and be yourself", but that is what they're looking for. Some would tell you they're evaluating whether or not they could stand to do a four-day with you.

Some folks go the emeraldcoast consulting route but I don't think you really need to for a JB interview. If you can talk about yourself, which I certainly can, you don't need it. Don't be cocky. There's no need to express your limitless confidence in the interview.

I've been here 5 months and I'm really enjoying it. Take all the JB bashing on this board with a grain of salt, or not at all would be better. Good luck!

Thanks for that info,
I am actually getting a little help from my brothers buddy whos giving me his Blue Dart.... I Saw the Emerald deal but dont exactly have $350 to spare. I live in Jersey and currewntly fly out of La Guardia and would be a huge help for me to get on with JB out of JFK. Not only is it not too far but nice pay raise. Just nervous about the TMAT quest. Cause im not a good BSer....

Thanks for that info,
I am actually getting a little help from my brothers buddy whos giving me his Blue Dart.... I Saw the Emerald deal but dont exactly have $350 to spare. I live in Jersey and currewntly fly out of La Guardia and would be a huge help for me to get on with JB out of JFK. Not only is it not too far but nice pay raise. Just nervous about the TMAT quest. Cause im not a good BSer....

Do as Fins suggests and go to that website. I wrote down all the TMAAT questions that were listed on there over the last 6 months to a year. I tried to come up with an experience that would fit each question. I DID NOT prepare canned answers. IMO, the hard part about those kinds of questions is not the answer, but just coming up with an example of a situation that applies. If I have something to talk about I'm fine, but trying to remember situations is what gets me. By reviewing the questions I had in mind a story I could talk about. Even if they don't ask the exact same stuff just going through that drill was all the prep I needed.

I didn't use an interview prep because I'm pretty comfortable doing that kind of stuff. FWIW, I believe Emerald Coast has a money back guarantee on their interview prep. No job offer, you get a refund. (Albie, chime in if I'm talking out of my ass here). If you are even slightly unsure it would be $350 well spent considering the guarantee. Good luck.

Last edited:
I always review my logbook before I go to interviews where I know they are going to ask TMAAT questions. I have made notes over the years (just a couple of couple of words) when something extraordinary happened on a flight, good or bad. ex. wx at mins - diverted.

I had questions about violating rules and regs, going out of my way for customers, times when I avoided something I didn't want to do, all sorts of stuff. By going over your own history, you will be able to come up with a story for most situations the interviewers come up with.

Tell your story in a What-How-Result format and then shut-up! A lot of guys tell their story and it's good, but then continue talking while the interviewer is writing and talk themselves out of their good answer. Don't worry about the silence. If the interviewer needs more information, they will ask when they are done writing.

I find preparing answers to negative questions beneficial because you don't get defensive, assign blame, or talk too much. Set your parameters, be sure to say what you learned and how you are different today and then be quiet. Examples of negative questions: what is a bad decision you've made and how did you handle it? what is one of your weaknesses and how do overcome it? was your decision ever second-guessed by a supervisor, how did you handle it? have you ever had a conflict in the cockpit?

It's still important to be yourself, show your personality, professionallism and enthusiasm. Good Luck.

Latest resources

Back