JetBlue emergency landing

dicko

"It's a formidable scent"
Total Time
10k ?
Darwin isn't always right:

My favourite interview with a passenger - 'The masks didn't come down. Thankfully a brave flight attendant got them down for us. If she hadn't done it, we may have all suffocated on the smoke'.

Genius.

sat74

Total Time
enough
They need to just ban people from flying on airplanes. The human race is just too stupid these days.

FlyBarneyJets

Go Kings, Go!!
Total Time
15k+
I wondered how the OXY masks came down. Aircraft didn't get above about 9,500' MSL. Did the FA badger the pilots to manually drop the masks? Or is there a switch in the back of the A320?

Total Time
I wondered how the OXY masks came down. Aircraft didn't get above about 9,500' MSL. Did the FA badger the pilots to manually drop the masks? Or is there a switch in the back of the A320?

No switch. FA's can individual drop them manually by using a hand tool.

Av8rPHX

The Dude abides...
Total Time
enough
Oh the humanity! Good thing those airplane drivers were able to control that quaking plane!!

LearLove

Total Time
12000+
I hear they narrowly missed an elementary school with kids outside on recess.

Traderd

Total Time
I hear they narrowly missed an elementary school with kids outside on recess.

It was reported that babies were crying. Sh*t must have gotten real for that to happen.

Another incident, looks like a SW crew had to land a "disabled" 737.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...-emergency-landing-at-lax-20140920-story.html

It appears there was a malfunction with the flaps.

"We came into LAX so low and so fast it was eerie," said Mitchell, the vice president of Political Data Inc. and a self-described frequent flier. "We landed ... almost at full speed."

I'll bet the babies were crying on that one!

SpauldingSmails

Aboard the sloop.
Total Time
>7000