• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Airways' CEO receives compensation of nearly USD900,000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those "allowances and business disbursements" cover his expenses of doing his job. It's not money that he gets on a paycheck. It pays for his hotels, housing in DC (he doesn't live there, you know), his transportation, etc... What you should take note of is his actual salary: "$294,979. That's pretty low for an executive. For the responsibility he has, working 16 hour days, 6-7 days a week, I'd say he's woefully underpaid.

Let me get this straight. He $294,979 annually for expenses as in $24,581 monthly or $1,229 daily (20 work day month) [ $1,024 daily for a 24 work day month]
Yes he worth every penny. I hope the hotel rooms rate includes a happy ending and tips.

Much like ALPA the BOD determines Barger's pay. Since, Pilots do not pay the CEO they have no say. Simple as that.

Not true... as a 20 year ALPA guy, you should know this...

Pleazzze get over it. ALPA outlived it's usefulness 20 years ago.

Then why are we talking about ALPA? Your brought ALPA up in discussion....

I'd be more concerned with your weak compensation package that drags all of us down. Interesting that Bargers compensation comes shortly after jb pilots vote down a union. A reward no doubt of not an ill timed award.

If I were a jb pilot, I would be furious.
Apparently you are not. So why are you so into JB business?

B/C when my pilot group negotiates it compensation package your pilot groups numbers drag me down....

I don't want a gate agents 401k, medical, etc. That is obviously acceptable to you, but not the rest of us....

Starting pulling on the profession's rope, instead of riding along...

So what is fairly? Give me a number. While you are at it. What is the fair compensation for a Furloughed ALPA CA with 15 years experience in todays market. Please, tell me.

You need a number, look at the pay of Airbus 320 / B373 pilots at all the other carriers. Don't forget to include soft pay and benefits.. and yest I know about your over ride...

Is it reasonable that after 20 years of Union membership I have to start at the bottom again? All my experience an loyal Union support in means nothing. Union contracts as written do not value my experience and value either.

You knew that going in..... it sucks, and it should change... what did you do to effect change when you were an ALPA member....

Why do you put the onus on ALPA when your airline management couldn't keep it together...??

BTW JB treats me with respect. Not because I am an AIRLINE PILOT but because I am a human being. Also, why does a gate agent deserve a different or less respectful treatment then a Pilot? Are you really that arrogant?

I am not talking about respect. I am talking about pay according to responsibility, education training and certification.....

Have you been treated poorly for so long by corp America that respect has become a commodity instead of a basic understanding and principle of human social interaction?

Let me get this straight. He $294,979 annually for expenses as in $24,581 monthly or $1,229 daily (20 work day month) [ $1,024 daily for a 24 work day month]
Yes he worth every penny. I hope the hotel rooms rate includes a happy ending and tips.

The $294,979 isn't his expenses, the roughly $183,000 is his expenses. That includes housing allowance and car allowance since he has to live in downtown DC, even though that isn't his home where his family is.

B/C when my pilot group negotiates it compensation package your pilot groups numbers drag me down....
Got it...it's the fault of your Brothers (Some of whom are represented by ALPA)

Yes I do...

The Wharton School
University of Pennsylvania
2300 Steinberg Hall-Dietrich Hall
3620 Locust Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6367
215.898.7622 phone
215.898.7623 phone
215.898.6200 fax

Their average GMAT score is 710 to get selected for the MBA program at Wharton.

You can take a sample full length test at the GMAT website. I took the test last summer and scored 650. If I wanted to get into a school like Wharton I would have to study a little more I guess (and win the lotto) http://www.mba.com/mba/thegmat/downloadfreetestpreparationsoftware

I don't have a problem with the amount Barger makes, fine with me, he deserves it, but I DO have a problem with what he wants to pay me. Fix that little issue and we can be friends!

Just heard a rumor that big pay raises were coming real soon. Any truth?

Just heard a rumor that big pay raises were coming real soon. Any truth?

Aledgedly... is that spelled right? yea Aledgedly....

I herd if you piss into the wind you will pee in your face, or maybe on your shoe. Thats no rumor!

Peer set avg. +$10.... HA:nuts: oh yea it's commin aaaaaaaaaaaalllllllright

Latest resources

Back