jet leaking oil...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
that's why in pilot school they teach,
v1" engine failure" positive rate gear up.

oh ******************** what was it? check list. declare emergency , tell atc we are returning.

not to take a thing a way from concerned aviators.
I am a A&P as well with my own plane that my wife flies when I am at work.
( worries the hell out of me but what can i do?)

Oh man!

Since the II I fly is based at TMB,,, WAS IT MINE??????????

They never tell me anything,,,,,,,,

Hung

Quick note,,,, I got back from St. Thomas on the 4th (Sunday) around noon. If you were there after that, it might have been sitting in front of Falcon before they put it away. I haven't been back since,, now you have me wondering BIG time!!!!

Last edited:
Man, that's exactly when this was. Parked in front of Falcon Trust on the left side of the flight line(looking from the FBO). Good luck.

Holy Crap!

That WAS my airplane!!!. I called the manager asking if he knew of a problem, said Falcon had called him about it. He told me it was the oil relief valve, already sent out for repair.
Glad it happened at home, and not in the V.I.
All those years of nun's must give me some good luck now.

Talk about coincidences,,,,,

Hung

Depending on the model of Citation...

If it had a JT-15 strapped to it then they are notorious for having check valves stick not sure by the description of where you said it was coming from if that is what is was. Like avbug says to realistically check the oil on a turbine it needs to be done 10-15 mins or so after shutdown. I still check it in a preflight just out of habit, but it's the after shutdown check that's the important one. I could be off base on the leak but it is a habit of the older citations....

You are correct. I had the same thing happen to me in the Beechjet. Arrived at the airport the next morning after a short RON to find that the ol' JT-15D was bone dry. Happend at Detroit City no less. Didn't even seem to faze the line guys either, all that oil on the ramp...they didn't put out any kittly litter or anything. There's probably still a big oil spot on the ramp. Ahh, the fond memories.

Latest resources

Back