Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EX_CV580FR8Dawg

De Oppresso Liber
Just wondering if this has already been thrown around?

Has anyone heard of whats going on and when the 190s are projected to be in service?

Anything at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Do a search on the "Majors" forum. There was a discussion about it a week or two back.

I think the first delivery is scheduled for mid 2005.

I'm so sick of people referring to these aircraft as "RJs". They are not RJs. They are made by Embraer who also happens to manufacture small jets like the EMB145, 135, etc. Is the 717 an "RJ"?

You are correct Bluto. The new family of Embraer Jets are simply that. Embraer 170, 190 etc. These are by no means RJ's.

However the 135, and the 145 are referred to as ERJ 135 and ERJ 145 not EMB 135/145. www.embraer.com

aj :D

I'm so sick of people referring to these aircraft as "RJs". They are not RJs. They are made by Embraer who also happens to manufacture small jets like the EMB145, 135, etc. Is the 717 an "RJ"?

I believe that ALPA, in its infinite wisdom, defines these aircraft as "medium jets, versus the other aircraft you list as "small jets."

Don't forget that the new EMB 190 is still not a mainline aircraft. At least until ALPA says it is.

Mainline @ jetBlue

As the launch customer for the EMB 190, it's a "mainline" aircraft for jetBlue and I don't think we care WHAT ALPA says!

DC-9-10

Is the DC-9 a RJ? it weights 27,000 less the the 190 at MGTOW

dgs,

As the launch customer for the EMB 190, it's a "mainline" aircraft for jetBlue and I don't think we care WHAT ALPA says!

Let me reiterate that ALPA will dictate to you whether or not you are a small jet pilot or a medium jet pilot.

Remember, until you guys at Jetblue join ALPA you are not really airline pilots anyway. Your just that unprofessional group of lowcost carrier pilots who have undermined the industry.

( I do hope you know that I am kidding.)

RJCap,
I appreciate your humor. It is interesting that our pilot group is made up of lots of ex-regional guys and gals, and lots of ex-"mainline" guys and gals. Guess what, without ALPA, we get along just fine. That's one puzzle ALPA seems unable to solve.

RJCAP

I hate to say it man, but your views are bizarre and somewhat disturbing. I'm an ALPA member, but they more than anyone make me feel like sh.it.

I wish we had a company where ALPA wasn't needed and everyone got along with respect and fairplay. I would happily trade my ALPA card for a happy work environment.

:eek:

Latest resources

Back