Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skydraulic

remember
Anyone know if the Jepp charts have changed any in the last 6 years? I found some old Jepp charts from 2001. I've been using NOS charts lately but need to review Jepp charts for an upcoming interview.

thanks

Ahhh...the EFB dream. No more 4 inch thick revisions...one day! For the original question: Were you talking about format? If so, its basically the same. You can look in Book 1 and it will/should tell you what every symbol means on the plates. That's all I ever looked at, but rumor has it FSI has a book that explains everything about Jepps. Recurrent next month for me, so I'm going to ask for one.

Can't wait to go with EFB's.

I'm gonna can my paper subscription(s) and just go with the electronic version(s). This is getting rediculous...I thought about Q service for next year but thinking back on it, revision 7 would have filled up the entire Q binder.

-mini

I'm gonna can my paper subscription(s) and just go with the electronic version(s). This is getting rediculous...I thought about Q service for next year but thinking back on it, revision 7 would have filled up the entire Q binder.

-mini

I have been doing the EFB charts since 2001. Even when they were slow to update (50 mins) they were better than paper. Then they went to fast (5-10 mins) update. Now our EFB has wireless and we take it into the FBO and download the update through the web-no more disks either. Now Jepp has even got a XM weather add on so our EFB bluetooths to the XM antenna and gives us all the XM WX on the Flightdeck software. I say-tell you boss the time savings and work load reduction it will do as well as the increased WX awareness.

I have been doing the EFB charts since 2001. Even when they were slow to update (50 mins) they were better than paper. Then they went to fast (5-10 mins) update. Now our EFB has wireless and we take it into the FBO and download the update through the web-no more disks either. Now Jepp has even got a XM weather add on so our EFB bluetooths to the XM antenna and gives us all the XM WX on the Flightdeck software. I say-tell you boss the time savings and work load reduction it will do as well as the increased WX awareness.

That's insane.

Yep I've got NavSuite and paper charts and I'm dumping the paper when it's time to renew. The JeppView thing now with XM looks neat. I just need to get this tablet PC fixed so it doesn't shut itself off...I don't like hearing "N345 contact departure" and as I Look down to double check the freq on the DP, I get a black screen.

....not cool.

-mini

What PC is everyone using in the cockpit? I'm buying one in the next few days and have no idea what to get. I just ordered jeppview and they rec. either Fujistu or motion computing. Any models that you guys use? Would like to keep the price around $2000. Doable? Thanks

I say-tell you boss the time savings and work load reduction it will do as well as the increased WX awareness.

I've tried that. The response from the higher ups: Its just a pilot convenience.

Now, how bad of a comment is that? God forbid the pilot gets a convenience!

Latest resources

Back