Island Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ShortsDriver

I have an interview this month with Island Air in Atlanta. Whats the gouge since Air Inc. is involved. Is there a sim ride, if so what kind of sim? How do I get some time on it the day before? Any help/inside scoop would be good. By the way, how deep is the pool?

Hog,

If you haven't received any notification on whether you are in the pool or not, and you interviewed back in August, I'd call HR and ask them. That's unusually long not to get any info. Usually the bad news would happen within a week, good news within 10 days. They may have tried to e-mail you.

Good luck!

Is island air sticking with there flight mins or do they occasional hire those with less time?

Also check out the fly4food site.

http://www.megaone.com/willfly4food/

There's a recent gouge about the ATL deal. And like the others have said, do the search here on Island Air.

I remember there were some posts here awhile ago that indicated one person doing the interview in ATL got the sim (a king air) and the other did not. The IA search should reveal this info.

The Pool? In it.

How many others in it? No idea (At least 2).

Next class? No idea (Soon please!):D

Hey Freight Dog, have you heard any rumors about classes or anything related?

advice

Got a question for Freight Dog.

I just finished the ATP written last week and submitted my resume. I went to the DC area Air Inc. show hoping to meet some IA folks but unfortunately no one was there. I'm thinking of travelling to HI in the near future with the hopes of meeting some of you and speeding up the application process but I'm wondering if this would be considered bad form. Looking for advice.

Two Feathers

Can't tell you if going to Hawaii will help or not.
However, if you want to meet the reps on the mainland,
Island usually goes to the Air Inc seminar in ATL.
They pre-screen resumes before the show and interview
people after it at the Air Inc HQ.
From what I know,they alternate the interviews between ATL
and HNL.

2 feathers

if you are going to be in hawaii, i would stop by HR and drop of a resume in person. i did this a couple months back, and got an application packet in the mail and hopefully will have an interview soon. i was living in hawaii at the time, dont know if the local address helped me or not. it cant hurt to show up in person. my 2 cents

Latest resources

Back