Island Air Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8br

I got an e-mail from Nikki K in H.R. It said if I am interested in an interview, to send a self addressed stamped envelope to them. They in turn will send me application and other pertinent forms. I assume this is a positive thing. I know it probably does not guaratee an interview, but wondering what former interviewees out there can tell me about this and the process. Thanks :cool:

Hmmm, very interesting.
They have not interviewed since Oct and there are currently about 50 people in the pool. No word on a class yet.
They did send out e-mails asking the poolies if they are still interested. Maybe a lot found other jobs and they are thinking of interviewing again.

The process is basically like this:

-send in a resume
- they send you an application to fill out and return
- if they are interested in you, you get a call from the CP and he asks some questions.
- if they are stil interested in you after the call, HR will call or send an e-mail to set up an interview date, (in the past they alternate interviews between HNL and ATL, they will ask you when you want to interview)
- if you get selected, you are put in the hiring pool
(there is no order to how they pull people out of the pool)

That's about it. Do a search of "island Air" on this forum for more info.

Hog,
Thanks for the info....How long ago did you interview there or are you working there now?

av8br

I interviewed in Aug.
There was another interview group in Oct.
From what I know a majority of the poolies are from those two groups. However there are people in the pool who interviewed in April, June and MAy.

Yehhhsssss..... I ahgdee hoag....vehdy intehdestink........

I remember someone posted on a previous IA thread (1-2 months ago)that they sent in a resume and IA's response was thanks, but no thanks, as we are not hiring right now. Now, with your post av8br, I think they are ramping up for more interviews in the near future; just my opinion.

The interview and selection process that hog described was dead on for me as well, aV8br. I think the situation is just as you see it - a positive one, with no guarantees.

I interviewed in June 2002 in HNL. I am currently in the pool and CANT WAIT to get back out there for a class.:cool:

Good luck!

Jenga

Jenga and hog,

Thanks for your input. I hope they call for an interview...I have been sending out resumes for about a year and half now with no luck getting responses. Hog, was the phone interview with cp a technical type or just general "feel you out type" questions?

Thanks,
av8br

Phone Interview

Do a search on IA, and you will come up with the questions. They ranged from takeoff alternative requirements to drunk capt. questions, but they were always pretty much the same questions. Not real hard stuff, but it could catch you off guard on a Saturday afternoon when the phone rings.

Latest resources

Back