Island Air Interview~

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sky-doggie

I have an upcoming interview with Island Air and I have a few questions for anyone out there who flys for them if you've got a moment....

1) What is their starting pay (hourly plus per diem) and the pay scale in general? Do all the trips end back at your outstation at the end of your shift?

2) Upgrade to captain 1-2-3-4 years? Or does it just depend?

3) What airports do you guys serve in the Hawaiian chain?

4) What kind of jumpseat/travel privledges do you guys get with Aloha, Hawaiian, United, etc.?

5) Is it true that a lot of the guys and gals from Island Air end up flying for Aloha after they serve as captains at Island Air?

6) Is it just the absolute coolest thing to live in Hawaii!!!!?

7) They say they are hiring into a pool for future class dates. So if offered the job when might I plan on starting groundschool etc. and where do they train you?

I am very excited to learn more about the company so any info or an answer to one ore all of the above questions is greatly appreciated !!!

Sky-dog

I interviewed in Aug, still waiting to hear something.
I can answer some of your Qs.
When is your interview?

First off, do a search of the this board on "island air".
You will find some good info. Also check aviationinterviews.com for some gouge.

1 - The pay for FO is $18.76, might be a little more soon. You get $10/hr in ground school. CA is around $39/hr. (did you read the info sheet they sent you with the app)
All trips start and end in HNL. No overnights.

2 Upgrade- it always just depends. Could be less than 1 year, depends on how many leave. It's a small company, you do the math.

3 Look at the Aloha web site for a map.

4 You get SA on Aloha for your spouse and children, jumpseat on any 121 airline. ID 90s on other airlines.

5 Yes, many go to Hawaiin too.

6 Yes, until you realize how expensive it is to live there.

7 If you make it past the interview, you will be told you are in the pool. They call people out of the pool as they need them. They said they try to give 4 weeks notice for ground school, but could be as little as a week. (you have to get yourself to ground school) Ground school is in HNL for 3 weeks, then they send you to the sim in Seattle. Then back to HNL for some training in the airplane.

Latest resources

Back