• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is US Air Looking for another Victim?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The article is new but the message has been repeated loudly and often since 2007. Parker wants to merge with Delta, United, or AA and he'll do so as soon as he's able.

Nobody will merge with that mess. The East pilots will never be trusted again, and the Delta guys also thwarted the first Parker attempt. That never appeared to be a viable merger attempt anyway, with hubs right next to each other, like ATL and CLT, and PHL next to JFK. I never understood that looking from the outside at the time.

OYS

Let's imagine you're the CEO of one of these merger targets. You can either raise the capital necessary to merge with US on your terms and risk it never being fully integrated, OR you can raise the same amount of capital or less and flood the US markets with bargain basement fares and weaken US to the point you can buy their assets cheap and you are still basically acquiring them on your terms, not USAPA's.

I'm no CEO, but I'm just sayin'...

Will the east pilots want to be on top of the list and screw the AA or Delta guys??
Of course, but what they want is irrelevant. The Bond-McKaskill law means binding arbitration -- the kind even a pilot group with no integrity will have to live with.
It seems they still have problems from the last merger, the two airlines still don't fly as one! When will it end?
The East isn't having problems, they are the problem, and there's no end in site.

I'd take a merger with the East anytime and give them DOH. That pilot group is so old it would not matter. Look at what the East offers vs the West. Europe, Carribean PHL, CLT and a pilot group that for the most part will no longer be here in the next 8 years. The West offers PHX and not much else. Think about it this way. As a new pilot to USair do you want to go where the movement is or do you want to play F/O for God knows how long?

Let's imagine you're the CEO of one of these merger targets. You can either raise the capital necessary to merge with US on your terms and risk it never being fully integrated, OR you can raise the same amount of capital or less and flood the US markets with bargain basement fares and weaken US to the point you can buy their assets cheap and you are still basically acquiring them on your terms, not USAPA's.

I'm no CEO, but I'm just sayin'...

I agree, you are no CEO.

The scenario you have proposed is implausible on so many levels I don't know where to start. Let's just say that no other airline is in the financial position to do such a thing and leave it at that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back