Is there a Black List?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
350DRIVER said:
I know of a guy who was a COEX 1900 ground instructor (still do not have any clue how he got hired with just a pvt at the time & JD on the interview board), he was fired due to sexual harrasment and the fact that they had to re-teach two entire classes over. About 8 or so months later he was hired by Great Lakes as a 1900 ground instructor/first officer, guess what.? He was also fired for the same reasons that COEX let him go. A few months later he was hired by Colgan as a first officer. Present day he is employed by someone else flying a SF340. 4 chances.?? Ask yourself again whether there "really" is a "black list" and just how effective it is.... I was absolutely amazed by how this individual is still employed as a pilot present day. There was also a corporate 91 gig in there somewhere along the lines flying a Falcon. All in less than 3.5 years.

3 5 0

Hmmm, I thought PIRA would have prevented much of this. Wow, wrong again.

I felt like I was blacklisted after I resigned from Scenic in 1992 to finish school. Graduated in '93 and couldn't get interviewed anywhere '93 to '95 even after sending out hundreds of resumes. Turned 40 in '95 and felt like I was finished as far as an airline career was concerned. After talking it over with several retired captain friends I quit flying altogether (way too expensive if it's only going to be a hobby) and went back into aerospace and broadcast/motion picture engineering work. Now I'm teaching aviation classes part-time at a CC and thinking about getting current again. But it's so expensive compared to what I make now that I'm not convinced that it'll be worth it. I'm 50 now and know there will be no further professional flying for me in this life.

Blacklisted? I don't think so, but it sure felt like it.

The whole putting up your resume in the crew lounge amazes me. What amazes me more is that people would actually take action to make sure that a certain person did not get hired into their airline. Get a life.

I have people I dont enjoy personally or working with...but they would have to be quite the piece of work for me to want to go into the training-hiring dept. and say "You dont want this person." You are screwing with someones career and life! Everyone has certain people that they dont get along with...but that doesnt make him/her a bad person. Just because you dont get along with them doesnt mean others dont as well.

Blows me away...I dont dislike anyone that badly that I would take away their chance at a prospective place of work. Thats just cruel. This industry is hard enough as it is. You would have to be a mean sonovab- to do that to someone. Maybe its just me.

So some poor guy who is trying to get on with his dream job-airline that he has been working his whole career and life to get to...only to be shot down because some person he didnt get along with in his past has the gusto to go burn him down? How in the hell could you do that to someone? Honestly...yuck.

Last edited:
A guy would have to be pretty weak to torpedo someone that way.

gern_blanston said:
A guy would have to be pretty weak to torpedo someone that way.

And yet I hear of it done....

350DRIVER said:
I know of a guy who was a COEX 1900 ground instructor (still do not have any clue how he got hired with just a pvt at the time & JD on the interview board), he was fired due to sexual harrasment and the fact that they had to re-teach two entire classes over. About 8 or so months later he was hired by Great Lakes as a 1900 ground instructor/first officer, guess what.? He was also fired for the same reasons that COEX let him go. A few months later he was hired by Colgan as a first officer. Present day he is employed by someone else flying a SF340. 4 chances.?? Ask yourself again whether there "really" is a "black list" and just how effective it is.... I was absolutely amazed by how this individual is still employed as a pilot present day. There was also a corporate 91 gig in there somewhere along the lines flying a Falcon. All in less than 3.5 years.

3 5 0

That loser taught us (tried to rather) 1900 systems at Lakes, what a tool. The procter (thank God we had one) had to bail him out every hour it seemed, and he knew only half the material well enough to teach it, and obviously didn't prep for it, cause we saw him every night hot tubbing at the hotel. He was much too immature to be ground instuctor, we all pretty much hated him. He should be a salesman, because obviously that's how he's talked himself into each of those jobs. I hope he's grown up some.

Kawasumi_Kichou said:
I felt like I was blacklisted after I resigned from Scenic in 1992 to finish school. Graduated in '93 and couldn't get interviewed anywhere '93 to '95 even after sending out hundreds of resumes. Turned 40 in '95 and felt like I was finished as far as an airline career was concerned. After talking it over with several retired captain friends I quit flying altogether (way too expensive if it's only going to be a hobby) and went back into aerospace and broadcast/motion picture engineering work. Now I'm teaching aviation classes part-time at a CC and thinking about getting current again. But it's so expensive compared to what I make now that I'm not convinced that it'll be worth it. I'm 50 now and know there will be no further professional flying for me in this life.

Blacklisted? I don't think so, but it sure felt like it.

You're still not too old dude. And flying for Sceninc or Air Vegas would kick A** if it paid enough. I'd trade for good WX and fun flying.

Rook

Latest resources

Back