Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

StarHustler

Go Mountaineers!
I have not seen any NetJets interviews posted latley and have been in the pool for a PBI domicile interview since last Feb. I was wondering if anyone knew the deal. I emailed them back in May for an update form and they emailed me back with one and said that they would be notifying PBI applicants in August for a Sep interview and if succesfull, a Oct class date. Have things slowed down, or is PBI just not open right now?

Thanks!

80 +/- open slots for the rest of the year. The domicile depends on the fleet, but you'd have to guess atleast one of the fleets is hiring into PBI. However, there might be people in the pool ahead of you waiting for PBI; you never know.

I am currently flying night freight and need a change. I got the application and sent it in 3 weeks ago, no word yet. I put CMH as my first choice in hopes that it would speed the process up. If there are only 80 slots and people in hiring pools how long until I can expect to interview and start? If it is going to be a 1-2 year process I will go to a regional and wait it out there. Anyone have any idea how long I can expect to wait?

I was waiting for PBI only since February. Within the past 2 weeks I added CMH and I am interviewing on the 29th of this month.

It's hard to tell how long it will take to get hired, but the company plans on hiring indefinitely since there are literally hundreds of airplanes on order. They told us between 450 and 500 a year when I interviewed last December. So far this year they have hired at least 300 to 350. Sim slots are getting scarce and new airframes can't get delivered as fast as the company would like so those are the only things slowing hiring down- customer demand has not slowed lately. I guess FSI needs to build some more sims and Cessna needs to start a 3rd shift to crank the planes out faster. Good luck whatever you decide.

Don't worry about the 80+ slot thing for 2006. NJA will be hiring for some time yet. A long time.

i was told that apps received from jan to mar got calls for interviews in aug and sept.
they're working on april and may now for interviews in sept and oct

Flight Safety in CMH is adding a new Sovereign sim this week, in about 2 months a G200 is showing up, and then at the end of the year, a XLS sim is showing up. Right now Netjets cannot get all the training slots that they need, between all of the transitions, upgrades and new hires, there is only so much sim time available.

Regarding if they are still interviewing, they interviewed about 20 two weeks ago....

One thing that will be interesting, we have a lot of 65+ year old pilots that have been here over five years. After talking with a lot of them, most seem to indicate that after they receive their 2nd half of their retro checks in December, they will leave. A lot of those pilots are in the X fleet, so it will be interesting to watch the attrition number after the first of the year...

Latest resources

Back