Is Flexjet really hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

getonit

Saw on AEPS that Flex is looking for copilots. I realize that almost no one has anything positive to say about them, but it can't be that bad and in today's job market anything is better than nothing.

Does anybody have any real information?

As far as I know, yes, we are hiring pilots and FAs. You can email a resume to [email protected], snail mail or fax one to 972-720-2473.

There are plenty of positive things to say about Flex, and its merits as such have been debated endlessly in previous posts so I'll save everyone, myself included, the time and energy. The consensus seems to be while its not for everyone, most people enjoy working here and the pay and benefits aren't too shabby.

Mins are 2500tt, 500 turbine and 500 multi. ATP and Class I. I imagine the competitive mins may have gone up a tick over the last few months and I personally don't have a feel for the experience level of the recent new hires. If you need more info, I'll do my best to find out for you.

There was a new class of 12 in the office today.

There's plenty of good stuff to say about Flexjet, as the previous poster said. Take the negative stuff with a big grain of salt, you're hear bitching from senior UAL captains, as they strap into a 777, won't you?

Last edited:
I hear that a fair percentage of the new Flexjet recruits are furloughed airline pilots - especially from USAirways. I am sure all fractionals are innundated with furloughed pilot applications.

Is that true - are you seeing a lot of former USair pilots? Where are they put - Lear 60 or 45? Hey, if I were a former A319 FO with USair, I'd LOVE to fly a Lear 45 - much better performance than the Bus... Not a bad tradeoff in my opinion.

Good question. Glad to hear they are hiring. I applied in June after the AEPS Job Fair. Since then have sent in two applications and three resumes without any word, but perhaps considering the quality of the folks on the street, once again I am a low time pilot <bg> and they are still digging through the thousands of resumes.

Humble

Yes they are hiring...got a call today for an interview on Oct 7th.
I've been sending resumes and cover letters every 2-3 weeks for the past two months. Don't know anyone there either, so just be persistent if you meet the min. quals. Only down side is that you'll be looking at 3 years min. to upgrade to capt. but it seems like a strong company. Can't be too choosey in this economy!

bombardier.com

Try Bombardier.com for the official release:

"In Wichita, production of the Bombardier Learjet® 45 and Learjet 60 will be interrupted for a period of four months beginning in December, affecting some 500 employees. The Bombardier Challenger 300 and Bombardier Learjet 40 development programs and entry-into-service schedules are not impacted by these measures. "

This action, from what I understand, is not aimed at Flexjet, it's aimed at the manufacturing side of the house. They're responding to soft demand by rolling back production. Flexjet still has its' customers and continues to grow.

I had a ball

Man if your pounding the pavement and you haven't applied at Flex, your nuts! I have argued alot of points with people on this board about alot of things that I would have liked to have seen changed, ask 357, he can give you a blow by blow of everything I have ever said.
I have never said that the pilots weren't great people, or that the aircraft and the maintenance weren't fantastic, because they were! The corporate attitude and environment just wasn't for me.
Yes by all means, apply! A letter from an employee helps.

Good luck,

Wow, Semore, what a compliment from you! Thanks!

Latest resources

Back