• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Ameristar even hiring right now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There planning on hiring through the end of the year. The BEST way is say you are willing to move to Ypsilanti...that will move you right to the top of the list.

falcon20driver said:
With the ratings he's got I think he's interested in the 73, not the Falcon. Does Ameristar hire into the 737 or do you have to move into it from the 135 side?

No hiring for the 737 from the outside. Anyways, since the guy has no jet time the only position he could be considered for would be Lear/Falcon FO. Best way to get an interview in an internal rec.

From another thread...

USA_Av8r said:
I have alot of time just no jet time and not much T-PIC time.

I'm assuming the guy wants to go to SWA because he has a 737 type. If so, I would consider going somewhere like Ameriflight/Royal Air/Air Now where it's possible he could get into a turbo-prop PIC position today. That would allow him to build the turbine PIC he needs to meet SWA mins. Starting at the bottom at a jet 135 may not be in his best interests.

I have a job now as a PIC in a commuter sized turboprop but it may be go to the wayside. (they dont like the plane and it is a small company)

The reason I have the type is because it was part of a "get back to work" program my home state offered when I was laid off from a previous airline that went out of business. I applied and was awarded the money, they paid for everything and all I had to do was show up. It was a great way to stay fresh while not having a flying job. I am interested in Ameristar for a number of reasons so I would love to hear about pay, the 121 side etc etc....

Thanks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back