• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interview written test

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I recently had two interviews that had similar questions on the written test. They were both multiple choice. The question asked about airspeed in class b airspace. The choices were 250, 230, and 200. Now, I obviously chose 250, but that question always bugs me. 91.117 nor anywhere else in the regs states that there is an airspeed for class b airspace. Given most class b airspaces are 10,000 feet and below, but not all (Atlanta, Denver). Do most people truly believe that there is a regulation about airspeed in class b airspace? If there is a regulation stating that, please enlighten me. I am familiar with the speeds below class b and vfr corridors. Thanks and maybe I will learn something.

91.117(b) states, in part:

"This paragraph (b) does not apply to any operations within a Class B airspace area. Such operations shall comply with paragraph (a) of this section."

Paragraph (a) states: "Unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator, no person may operate an aircraft below 10,000 feet MSL at an indicated airspeed of more than 250 knots (288 m.p.h.)."

Meaning that you have to be at 250 knots or slower in Class B airspace, since paragraph (b) says you have to comply with paragraph (a). Clear as mud now? I love lawyer-speak.

91.117(b) states, in part:

"This paragraph (b) does not apply to any operations within a Class B airspace area. Such operations shall comply with paragraph (a) of this section."

Paragraph (a) states: "Unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator, no person may operate an aircraft below 10,000 feet MSL at an indicated airspeed of more than 250 knots (288 m.p.h.)."

Meaning that you have to be at 250 knots or slower in Class B airspace, since paragraph (b) says you have to comply with paragraph (a). Clear as mud now? I love lawyer-speak.

Paragraph b that you are refering to is about the 200 mph speed limit within 4 miles of primary airport in Class c and d below 2500agl. Right?

Paragraph A states that below 10,000, maintain no more than 250. How about when above 10,000 feet but still in Class B, such as can happen in Atlanta. There is no speed restriction in class b at that point.

Thanks for the reply!

Any airline that finds a need to ask such a lame guestion you should probably stay clear from. The person writing this question must be lacking a normal size peeper.

Latest resources

Back