Interview Question...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BamBamJet

Need a little help on this. I have begun studying for interviews that some day I hope to have. I know I am wasting my time but need help anyway. Every interview session asks the question like: What are you gonna due if your captain comes back from an overnight trip ready to go fly but he is wearing a dress? or Passenger has heartattack and airport is below minimums and captain whants to go in and land...what are you/can you do? These questions to me seem very challenging becasue there are so many options. Advice anyone?

For one reason or another the majority of us will immediately assume that the captain in your scenario will be a man. I would look at the question as if my Captain were a women and therefore do or say nothing unless, of course, it were a uniform or company policy issue. For the next question I would COMMUNICATE with the Captain that although one passenger is gravely ill, it is not worth the SAFETY risk or time to the rest of the passengers and yourself to shoot an illegal approach. Always remember when answering interview questions that Safety is always number one, followed by regulations and then customer service. This all just my opinion.

Latest resources

Back