International B-777 Capts over 60?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kingair1181

Not sure if this is just a shot in the dark but I am trying to help a family member out…..

I have a family member who is about to retire from a major airline in around 10 months. He has been looking to continue to fly internationally for a foreign carrier that does not have the “Age 60 Mandatory Retirement” or also perhaps for a part 91 operation. He is current on the B-777 and was a Capt on the B-757, B-767, DC-10 and most of the other heavy wide-body’s throughout his career. He has accumulated over 30,000 hours, no accidents of violations on his record, and is also a former military pilot. He would like to continue to live here in the US and commute back and forth between work and isn’t really willing to relocate.

He knows that I have been searching for a lot of jobs lately and just randomly asked me if I had heard of any operations so I figured I’d post on here and see if anyone knew of any airlines or leads. Thanks.

I cant help but you might want to clarify...Is he looking to commute to another country on a month on/month off like schedule or is he looking for fly for a foreign carrier that has a base in the US?

Skipro - He is looking to commute to another country for 1 month on/ 1 month off type deal. Also, just wondering if their any any carriers out there that hire pilots over Age 60.

Wal Mart hires people over 60. You get a cool blue vest, and get to sit there, smile, wave, and pass out smiley face stickers. If you are real nice, I'm sure they can find somebody to chew your quarter pounder from the In-store McDonalds for you.

:)

As usual, a scumbag comment is posted.
My parents close friend is now flying the 777 for Korean Airlines and commutes out of ATL to Seoul for the work. He took the early leave from Delta, which backfired on him, so now he has gone to work for Korean. I am not sure if they hire past 60, but it may be worth a shot since they hired him on the spot as a result of being current on the a/c.

Kingair1181 said:
Not sure if this is just a shot in the dark but I am trying to help a family member out…..

I have a family member who is about to retire from a major airline in around 10 months. He has been looking to continue to fly internationally for a foreign carrier that does not have the “Age 60 Mandatory Retirement” or also perhaps for a part 91 operation. He is current on the B-777 and was a Capt on the B-757, B-767, DC-10 and most of the other heavy wide-body’s throughout his career. He has accumulated over 30,000 hours, no accidents of violations on his record, and is also a former military pilot. He would like to continue to live here in the US and commute back and forth between work and isn’t really willing to relocate.

He knows that I have been searching for a lot of jobs lately and just randomly asked me if I had heard of any operations so I figured I’d post on here and see if anyone knew of any airlines or leads. Thanks.

Not sure if he's tried this one, but check it out.

www.gapaviation.com. KAL looking for 777 CA's. Commuting is allowed, read the details.

El Bucho said:
Wal Mart hires people over 60. You get a cool blue vest, and get to sit there, smile, wave, and pass out smiley face stickers. If you are real nice, I'm sure they can find somebody to chew your quarter pounder from the In-store McDonalds for you.

:)

Twerps like you need to go back to only operating your skate board so the real qualified and experienced pilots can continue in their profession.

END THE “AGE 60 RULE”!

Latest resources

Back