Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting DayJet Video From Today Show - 300 Airplanes in 2 years?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

Interesting video clip about DayJet from the Today Show. That Eclipse looks like a very small airplane from the inside and outside. That said, I can see how this type of service could be popular with day-trippers like the attorney profiled in the video. If you market this service to high-end people like lawyers, bankers, entrepreneurs, state-government people who value their time, maybe it will work. However, ramping up to 300 airplanes in 2 years? I really wonder if they will ever see enough demand to keep 300 airplanes fully utilized... That's the $64K question - time will tell... Bill Gates has invested in DayJet.

I also hear another operation in the Northeast is scheduled to start up in 2009 called Pogo Jet (Robert Crandell of American Airlines fame is the CEO) and it will use Eclipses too. Apparently they will fly at lower altitudes and from smaller airports so as to not congest the already-crowded skies in the NE any further... This is in addition to Linear Air out of BED which is also starting 135 Eclipse service in the near term.

Regardless, looks like a fun airplane to fly and I guess Dayjet will need quite a few pilots to crew 300+ airplanes. Watch below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B150uxW7CRk&NR=1

Last edited:
Interesting video clip about DayJet from the Today Show. That Eclipse looks like a very small airplane from the inside and outside. That said, I can see how this type of service could be popular with day-trippers like the attorney profiled in the video. If you market this service to high-end people like lawyers, bankers, entrepreneurs, state-government people who value their time, maybe it will work. However, ramping up to 300 airplanes in 2 years? I really wonder if they will ever see enough demand to keep 300 airplanes fully utilized... That's the $64K question - time will tell... Bill Gates has invested in DayJet.

I also hear another operation in the Northeast is scheduled to start up in 2009 called Pogo Jet (Robert Crandell of American Airlines fame is the CEO) and it will use Eclipses too. Apparently they will fly at lower altitudes and from smaller airports so as to not congest the already-crowded skies in the NE any further... This is in addition to Linear Air out of BED which is also starting 135 Eclipse service in the near term.

Regardless, looks like a fun airplane to fly and I guess Dayjet will need quite a few pilots to crew 300+ airplanes. Watch below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B150uxW7CRk&NR=1

300 airplanes in 2 years? That's pretty optimistic but stranger things have happened.

Good video. I am guessing all of the pilots must be pretty thin to both fit in the airplane and to allow for more obese passengers... A high percentage of Floridians need to hit the gym more often from what I have seen and you can't fit too many fat pax in that airplane.

thought crandall was going to use the adams jet?

You would think that would be the better choice because it appears a lot bigger than the Eclipse. That said, the Eclipse is now a "proven" airplane (less risky) with 20-30 out in the field thus far and it probably costs less than the Adams Jet.

What's up with the Adams 700 taking so long to get certified? There are Adams 500 TPs flying around already...

I think maybe you are missing the structure of the company. They probably need 20 aircraft just to do the Florida operations. Lets say 10 cities with Dayports and 2 aircraft per base. To be a bit more conservative, lets say 30 for Florida Georgia. Just determine 10 more areas like that and you have the 300 aircraft. Not that hard to obtain.

Latest resources

Back