Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JumpCaptain

I love tacos!
I got a question for the professional pilots out there. I have recently been filling out job applications and of course they ask for a breakdown of hours. Several ask for "instrument hours". Am I just supposed to put down actual IMC time or can I include hood time or even sim time? Thanks in advance for the advice.

-JC

If it doesn't say anything about differentiating between the three I would put down actual, hood, and sim time.

I'd not include sim but the other 2 are expected on a resume unless the sim time was in a level c or d sim than that's airplane time so it does count but leave out frasca and pcatd time.

All Three, If questions are asked,---It is all true intrument experience.. Life is too short to disqualify for a misinterpretation here.

Sim time is sim time, do not include it in instrument time, instrument time is IMC+Simulated instrument in airplane(with instructor signature, or name of safety pilot) I know two different guys bumped on interview because they included sim time in instrument time.

siucavflight said:
I know two different guys bumped on interview because they included sim time in instrument time.
Were they told to come back when they had the instrument time, or was it truly offensive to the company?

Actual and Hood are both considered instrument time. If your actual is more than 10% of your TT, they may ask questions.

time builder said:
Were they told to come back when they had the instrument time, or was it truly offensive to the company?
No, with just the simulated instrument and the actual time he had the hours required but because they felt that he "was not able to follow directions he was not suited to work at ******* as a fractional pilot"

Latest resources

Back