• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Indy Aero

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had a couple college buddies go there. Good gig: salary with benefits, vacation time, plus a per diem for flight time. They also host a good airshow there every year. From what I hear, one of the better ops in Indiana. Good luck.

Seems like a pretty good place to work at, I worked for their competitor for a while and knew a few people there. I don't know much about them other than the fact that they do alot of flying. They got the upper hand in Indy when they became a cessna pilot center or whatever. They have nice aircraft, typical cessna fleet. I'm checked out in their airplanes but I don't rent there, its waaaaaaaay to expensive.

wow, people post on here from Indiana. I've heard some good things about them, i'm sure any purdue grad that hangs out down there can get a job, Although i'm sure if you tried hard enough Lafayette Aviation would be your best bet. Alot of hookups. A chance to get alot of Multi engine turbine time if you play your cards right.

A couple times when I needed a real 4-seater airplane (not a skyhawk), I would go there cuz they were the only ones in the Indy area that rented a 182.

Very nice fleet, but you do pay for what you get. Prices are very high. I believe their whole fleet is all glass now except maybe the seminole.

That's another thing... ...If you have an MEI it might suit you well, cuz I think they do a lot of multi's.

The chief flight instructor is Jon somebody. Young guy who I heard wants to be a chief flight instructor for the rest of his life. He's a friendly guy who seams like he'd be real easy to work for.

Good luck.

JumpCaptain said:
A couple times when I needed a real 4-seater airplane (not a skyhawk), I would go there cuz they were the only ones in the Indy area that rented a 182.

Very nice fleet, but you do pay for what you get. Prices are very high. I believe their whole fleet is all glass now except maybe the seminole.

That's another thing... ...If you have an MEI it might suit you well, cuz I think they do a lot of multi's.

The chief flight instructor is Jon somebody. Young guy who I heard wants to be a chief flight instructor for the rest of his life. He's a friendly guy who seams like he'd be real easy to work for.

Good luck.

Indianapolis Aviation at UMP also rents a 182 - or used to any way.

Arg... that seminole is SCARY. But it is the only twin in the area available for rent.

Indianapolis Aviation at UMP also rents a 182 - or used to any way.

Their 182 was on leaseback, last I knew the owner had taken it offline for his own use indefinitely. And it was more expensive than the 182s at Indy Aero.

Sorry dont want to be a jerk, I flew around the Indy Area for about 6 years and I grew to detest these FBOs that want to rent me an airplane for $125+ per hour that is full of crap I dont need, like some space age GPS/glass cockpit suite. I can easily get a 150/152/172/warrior all for less than $80/hr in my current location.

texarkana said:
Sorry dont want to be a jerk, I flew around the Indy Area for about 6 years and I grew to detest these FBOs that want to rent me an airplane for $125+ per hour that is full of crap I dont need, like some space age GPS/glass cockpit suite. I can easily get a 150/152/172/warrior all for less than $80/hr in my current location.

I fly a friend's Archer with all that crap and it rented for $110-120/hr. up at Terry. I can fly it for gas now. But I hate dealing with the KNS-whatever and digital radios/GPS... Just give me a couple of Nav-Comms with twist knobs and an ADF and I'll be fine.TC

Latest resources

Back