Indian Aviation question - semi expat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

turbomax97

I've got all my licenses via the FAA. I was born in the states, but my parents are from India, and I'll be applying for an Indian passport shortly - which legally gives me the right to work in India.

My question is - what kind of doors would this open me as far as getting a job with say Air india or jet?

Current times are 1200TT/ 1100 multi.

I'm not Indian, and am not sure what their mins. are. But if you are instructing, you might know or can get in touch with some Indian instructors building time in the U.S. who can probably fill you in. When I was at the regionals I noticed it pretty standard for green card Indians to come here, get hired with any crappy regional (oops that's redundant), fly their *rse off for 90 hours a month and when they hit 500 hours or so of jet time, get on the next flight back to India straight into the right seat of an Airbus or Boeing. As for writtens, medicals, checkrides etc., ask one of these Indian time builders- I think it is fairly easy other than that paperwork can take forever, since government in that country still operates entirely by stacks of paper and snoozing bureaucrats.

Latest resources

Back