• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Inconsiderate bastards!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never have, nor ever will wish death upon anyone!

Just trying to provoke thought in that smoking is very selfish, and the smoker is drastically odds on to die premature. Can I get hit by a truck today....sure. Bad arguements. Anyone can, but the smokers are gradually comitting suicide, and their families are the ones left to grieve them too early. Case in point, my mother hung with 3 other gals in her late teens to late 20's. The other three were smokers. She just attended the 3rd funeral this summer - all three died by their early 60's. (Lung Cancer and emphysema) My Mom, who never smoked is in great health and enjoying retirement. Their young kids attended funerals and kids lost grandparents. Not fair to them. but that is only my opinion. I'm sure you all have many justifications, excuses and opinions of your own - and your entitled to them. But, I wish you no harm.

Smoking is not selfish. Selfish would be having the nuts to try to control someone else's perfectly legal activity. You liberal types crack me up, thinking you know what's best for everybody.

How bout we label beer drinking selfish. Or maybe riding a bike should be illegal. You crack your brains on the pavement, eventually wiping your butt is going to be on the public dollar. Insurance has limits, you selfish non-smoking stain.

Smoking is not selfish. Selfish would be having the nuts to try to control someone else's perfectly legal activity. You liberal types crack me up, thinking you know what's best for everybody.

How bout we label beer drinking selfish. Or maybe riding a bike should be illegal. You crack your brains on the pavement, eventually wiping your butt is going to be on the public dollar. Insurance has limits, you selfish non-smoking stain.

I don't care if you smoke. You can smoke until your lungs turn black and are full of holes for all I care...it is your right. Just don't do it in the non-smoking rooms at our hotels so we non-smokers don't suffer from your inconsideration. (For the record...I really don't wish ill health on anyone. I was pissed having just read the MEC e-mail.) And I'm far from liberal.

Last edited:
I don't care if you smoke. You can smoke until your lungs turn black and are full of holes for all I care...it is your right. Just don't do it in the non-smoking rooms at our hotels so we non-smokers don't suffer from your inconsideration. (For the record...I really don't wish ill health on anyone. I was pissed having just read the MEC e-mail.) And I'm far from liberal.

I agree about the smoking in the rooms part. The offenders should pay the fines personally. If ALPA paid the fines, I want someone's head on a plate.

My response was directed at 79% N1 and his selfish comment, which is why I quoted him.

You guys whine more than my 3 year old.

Things must be going pretty well if this is all you have to complain about.

Your obviously a smoker.

Nothing like opening your bag at you next layover with all your clean clothes smelling of smoke, MMMMMM yummy.

I can understand someone chain smoking 30 years ago, but this day and age, shows poor judgment. I know thats harsh, but what else can it be?

my friend quit after 35+ years since he was 18, only thing he regrets is he didnt quit sooner because the quality of life improvements were great.

Everyone should just dip! Problem solved!

So what kind of hotel was this...it must be pretty freaking nice to have everyone so fired-up about this switching of hotels.

Your (That should be You're BTW) obviously a smoker.

Nothing like opening your bag at you next layover with all your clean clothes smelling of smoke, MMMMMM yummy.

I can understand someone chain smoking 30 years ago, but this day and age, shows poor judgment. I know thats harsh, but what else can it be? It would be that individual's choice. It is not your responsibility to judge them.

my friend quit after 35+ years since he was 18, only thing he regrets is he didnt quit sooner because the quality of life improvements were great.

Did you want some cheese with your whine?:laugh:

Latest resources

Back