in your opinion....top regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bgaviator

In your opinion, who is your list of the top regionals to work for, and why? I don't follow the regionals that much since there are quite a few of them, so I'd just like to know what the general consensus is. I guess things that would put an airline in my top categories are pay/quality of life/benefits/location/raises. Thanks in advance for any information.

Actually, I should rephrase my question since I'm really only interested in information on one regional I haven't learned anything about. After going back through some of my other posts I answered my own question. The last regional I haven't really learned about is Pinnacle in Memphis. If anyone can tell me stuff about this airline I'd sure appreciate it. Sorry for the previous post being stuff already discussed.

Actually, I should rephrase my question since I'm really only interested in information on one regional I haven't learned anything about. After going back through some of my other posts I answered my own question. The last regional I haven't really learned about is Pinnacle in Memphis. If anyone can tell me stuff about this airline I'd sure appreciate it. Sorry for the previous post being stuff already discussed.

Memphis = armpit of the South

unless you are making some jack like at FedEx, you can find better cities to work in.

There are pros and cons and without any minor b!tching, I would give Chautauqua/Shuttle America/SkyWest/American Eagle all thumbs ups. What about Horizon? ASA used to be the best place to work, location, great pay (for regionals) and Delta non-rev bennies that kicked a$$, *the best* in the industry, out of its biggest world hub, but not much anymore...sinking ship...but just can't be too picky when you are first starting out.

Last edited:
There are pros and cons but I would give Chautauqua/Shuttle America/SkyWest/American Eagle all thumbs ups. What about Horizon? ASA used to be the best place to work, location, great pay (for regionals) and Delta non-rev bennies that kicked a$$, *the best* in the industry, out of its biggest world hub, but not much anymore...sinking ship...but just can't be too picky when you are first starting out.

are the Dispatchers having to move to Utah? What makes ASA a sinking ship?

P.S. Cincinnati is a nice place if you want to work at Comair. But it is a VERY VERY VERY conservative city.

Last edited:

The latest is that ASA's LAX based is going to be closed just after three months replaced by Expressjet and the entire ASA operation workforce in ATL (ramp, baggage, gate) is going to be replaced by Delta employees. Starting to see SkyWest maybe isn't doing enough cleaning house to turn ASA around since its purchase from Delta. The old ASA management is just incompetent morons. The pilots are pissed (no contract) and the ATL operations is just terrible, so it has been very difficult to turn any decent results or get anything done and I will be shocked if ASA is meeting all of the performance standards that Delta is looking for and the odds aren't that good if ASA can grow or even maintain the current flying. The rumor of ASA dispatchers moving to Utah has come and gone a couple of times but for now their intent is to keep it separate. The lease on the building isn't up until 2008 which is just next year. I'd say it is going to remain as a possibility. If it happens I wouldn't expect a fair treatment. It's just the future is VERY VERY uncertain in ATL.

Last edited:
The latest is that ASA's LAX based is going to be closed just after three months replaced by Expressjet and the entire ASA operation workforce in ATL (ramp, baggage, gate) is going to be replaced by Delta employees. Starting to see SkyWest maybe isn't doing enough cleaning house to turn ASA around since its purchase from Delta. The old ASA management is just incompetent morons. The pilots are pissed (no contract) and the ATL operations is just terrible, so it has been very difficult to turn any decent results or get anything done and I will be shocked if ASA is meeting all of the performance standards that Delta is looking for and the odds aren't that good if ASA can grow or even maintain the current flying. The rumor of ASA dispatchers moving to Utah has come and gone a couple of times but for now their intent is to keep it separate. The lease on the building isn't up until 2008 which is just next year. I'd say it is going to remain as a possibility. If it happens I wouldn't expect a fair treatment. It's just the future is VERY VERY uncertain in ATL.

WOW! lots going on there. Thanks for the update!

P.S. Cincinnati is a nice place if you want to work at Comair. But it is a VERY VERY VERY conservative city.

Probably not half as conservative as ST. George, UT!

.......pinnacle

Thanks for the replies! I guess right now Pinnacle seems like a decent option for me because my wife just found out she already qualifies to get her teaching license in Tennessee. If she was working full time as a teacher, and getting teacher health benefits....and considering cost of living in Tennessee is less....it may not be such a bad option. I read some stuff on www.aviationinterviews.com about it, and everyone seems to have nothing but good things to say about the place and how they were treated.
Heck...maybe start throwing some boxes for FedEx on the side.....and then....?

Thanks for the replies! I guess right now Pinnacle seems like a decent option for me because my wife just found out she already qualifies to get her teaching license in Tennessee. If she was working full time as a teacher, and getting teacher health benefits....and considering cost of living in Tennessee is less....it may not be such a bad option. I read some stuff on www.aviationinterviews.com about it, and everyone seems to have nothing but good things to say about the place and how they were treated.
Heck...maybe start throwing some boxes for FedEx on the side.....and then....?

Not to rain on your parade, but check out this thread: http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=92180

Latest resources

Back