In search of shoes!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IMBB

I was wondering if anyone out there might be able to help me find a new pair of shoes. I currently have the standard pair of black, lace-up shoes....but they ALWAYS set off the metal detectors at the airports. Additionally, I was in DTW the other day and had to take off my shoes at security. I'm not an expert, but from the looks of the dirty, stained, 50 year old carpet there, I'm pretty sure one could catch some nasty disease just by walking around in your socks. What I'm looking for is a pair of shoes that will NOT set off the metal detectors, that look decent, that I can shine, and don't have any metal in them. If anyone out there has some recommendations, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
IMBB

Skechers have several styles that are comfortable and won't set off the metal detectors.

logolight said:
Deer Stags have no metal in them either.

I second the Deer Stags, very very comfortable also, I perfer them over my Doc's for personal wear too.

i forgot to say i prefer my gazelles as a versatal around shoe for anything short of formal and have yet to set off any alarms.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back