In flight catering

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NJAowner

Time for some levity here with no talk about unions, wages, flight conditions, etc. And no hijacking from the corporate BBQ folks.

Since I get to recommend inflight caterers, who do you guys recommend in which cities??? Let me know. I usually begin traveling in NJ and Rudy's always seems to be great. When I am elsewhere, who (and what from them) do you recommend in 2 categories: (1) adults/business, (2) family/kids. I especially hit NJ, Fla.(MIA, SRQ and MCO, Marathon too but I forgot the letters), Rocky Mountain states, Toledo, MDW, BHB, Peachtree and PHX)

I need to know if I am missing great food somewhere.

Perfect Landing

At APA the Perfect Landing has always done a nice job for me. I highly recommend you eat on the balcony if you have the time. Just about the best view of the Rockies in the entire state.
Great, just made myself homesick again!!!!

'Micheal's on East' in SRQ is probably the best catering you can get. Not sure if they have any experience catering aircraft, but, if you want the best, that's the place all the local's use.

-Boo!

I know in CMH NJA just sighned a contract with Shanes Gormet Market to do most all the flights out of CMH, including the snack bar you guys have there. I know the owner and they make excellant food.

Big second on the Perfect Landing. With the schedules we're on (rarely on the ground longer than an hour) Denver is about the only place we can actually get a decent meal and sit down for it.

NJAowner said:
I especially hit NJ, Fla.(MIA, SRQ and MCO, Marathon too but I forgot the letters), Rocky Mountain states, Toledo, MDW, BHB, Peachtree and PHX)

Wow NJA owner. You sure do know alot of airport codes for an owner. You sound more like a fractional pilot than a fractional owner. ;)

Ya' know swberry, I have had enough of that and was really trying to avoid it on this thread and just talk about food. Since I am not in the air nearly as much as you guys, and have some mediocre to uncooked dining experiences, I was trying to get some advice.

I have been flying since I was a little kid (I especially enjoyed Samantha of National Airlines who let me "fly her"), and evenm Northeast Yellowbird. Anyway, anyone eith a memory can remember those 3 digit codes on baggage tags. Gimme a break and some food recommendations.

Latest resources

Back