Impressions of King Air 350

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

I know that a bunch of charter operators have experience with the King Air 350. I have a friend whose boss is looking to acquire one in the near future. I have never flown a King Air but I hear the 350 is a solid airplane.

Anyone on these boards have experience on the 350? What about with the Pro Line 21 version - is it much better than the original with basic EFIS? Evidently the boss is safety conscious and he would pay for the "best" equipment but, if only a standard 350 is available, he would buy that version. Flights would originate in Southern California and serve hot/high destinations in Colorado and points up North in British Columbia. Boss and friend have previous experience on a newish C90 King Air.

Look forward to hearing any positives/negatives impressions regarding the King Air 350.

Thanks

OYS - I flew a ProLine21 350 out of NorCal and it is a great machine. I haven't flown a EFIS 350, but have flown 300's w/ the two tube EFIS. In comparison, the 350 was much nicer. I was only overweight/out-of-cg once.....8 guys with golf bags. We could only take 5 bags. Routine flights to Montana, Vancouver, Sierras....never a problem.

If you have performance questions, PM me and I'll dig out my manual and pass some numbers. Or if you want, I'll put you in touch with the folks still flying it for the straight scoop.

RM

...currently flying here, great plane, no complaints.

it is POSSIBLE to get rearward CG if loaded to the gills as you burn the fuel off.

the performance numbers dont like hot and high as well as a 300 does, but that just gives you an excuse to hang out in colorado until sunset as the temps cool off ;)

Latest resources

Back