• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm in!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So do u-boat drivers also fly the encore, or are they a separate group? You ever get the emer press thing figured out?

cezzna said:
So do u-boat drivers also fly the encore, or are they a separate group? You ever get the emer press thing figured out?

Currently, a portion of the Ultra crews are also qualified on the Encore. For some of us "cross qualified" guys, we alternate pretty regularly between the U-boat and the Encore. For other cross-qualified types, they may end up only flying the Encore. There is a hint in the new TA that the fleets might officially be split up and there's another rumor that once the company gets its 15th Encore, a split will be made at that time.

As for "emer press", I'm not certain about that. It seems that the pressurization problems from the early days of the program have been fixed, however.

BenderGonzales said:
What are the domiciles at NJ these days? Are there any fractionals that allow you to live wherever you would like?

At NJA, the current "gateways" are:
Columbus, OH; Bradley, CT; Teterboro, NJ; Washington Dulles; Atlanta, GA; Orlando, FL; Minneapolis/St. Paul; Denver, CO; Dallas, TX; Las Vegas, NV; Boston, MA; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; Midway, IL; Pittsburgh, PA; West Palm Beach, FL; St. Louis, MO; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; New Orleans, LA; Charlotte, NC; Jacksonville, FL; Detroit, MI; Phoenix, AZ.

But if the TA is ratified on 11/21, new-hires will be assigned to one of 5 "domiciles":
TEB, PBI, DAL, LAX and CMH.

Post-ratification, the company will have to advise the new-hire of the domicile in the employment offer letter. At least that way, one would know where they will be based up front instead of getting a potentially nasty surprise during class.

Last edited:
Let's say you were in a Dallas gateway? Would it be possible to commute to Dallas? When do you actually have to be "in domicile"?

BenderGonzales said:
Let's say you were in a Dallas gateway? Would it be possible to commute to Dallas? When do you actually have to be "in domicile"?

If you decide to live somewhere other than your domicile, it will up to you to be at your domicile and ready for duty at the company-directed time. After TA ratification, you'll have to call in on your last day off to get a brief for your first day. The TA says that if you call by 6 PM, domicile time zone, you'll have 10 hours of rest from that point.

So with that information, you could live some distance from DAL (it's Love Field and not DFW, for what it's worth) as long as you're in position at the "show" time contained in your brief.

Boy I hope that new-hire domicile assigning thing gets dropped and the gateway program remains instituted for everyone...I was hoping to try to get on in the next few months and that puts a big exclamation mark on NJ for me.

Boondock i hope you have more than 2000 tt

Latest resources

Back