Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wolfpackpilot

Diehard Republican
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif]Got my Delta Gold Medallion email today... They should really find out more about their customers. Anybody got an address I can send a certified letter too down in ATL?

I really want to tell them I fly those Celebs and CEO's, and the airlines SUCK at everything from service to... oh maybe service!! So shut up and give me my upgrade numutts.

Wolf
(And to all the 121 pilots: don't be jealous, you can leave the airlines too)

Hello Mr. XXXXX,
[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif]Providing the highest quality service to our customers is the guiding principle in everything we do at Delta. But it is difficult for us to provide the level of service you deserve when air traffic in the United States is controlled with pre-WWII methods and technology. [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif] Within a decade, traffic delays will cost the economy $40 billion a year, and you, the customer, a great deal of wasted time. There will be 85% more jets in the sky in the next 15 years—an increase driven largely by corporate jets, fractional jets, air-taxis and very light jets. To an air traffic controller, a jet with a celebrity or a CEO takes as much effort as a commercial flight with 250 passengers. However, the current system is funded almost entirely by the airline ticket tax, meaning that you are paying for nearly 95% of the air traffic system while corporate and private jets get a free ride! [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif] You can help make a difference! Please contact your Congressional representatives and ask them to: [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif]Quit forcing you to subsidize corporate jets through the current unfair ticket tax[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif]Support a new cost-based ATC finance structure that will fund the system fairly and enable the FAA to modernize our aging ATC system[/FONT]
[/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif] Working in a partnership with other airlines, we will do everything we can to continue to improve upon the customer experience. For more information on this initiative, called "Smart Skies," go to smartskies.org/delta. We can make a difference! [/FONT]

Got the same email.

Nice they don't have a return address. You can go to the smartskies and put your own comment in.

I'm pretty sure Delta's crack marketing department de-selected any filtering, then hit the "Send to all" button on that e-mail. Perhaps we should all start distributing informational flyers into the seat backs of the airlines we fly. Actually, I go out on Saturday and will be armed with 50 or so flyers printed off the NBAA or AOPA site that I can strategically place both on the airplane and in the gate area.

"At Delta, We're not happy 'til you're not happy..."

Yeah Wolf, 1108 pilots are reacting

We are "cutting" their statement and adding our own.

Good to see us on the same team.

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif]Got my Delta Gold Medallion email today... They should really find out more about their customers. Anybody got an address I can send a certified letter too down in ATL?

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif]I really want to tell them I fly those Celebs and CEO's, and the airlines SUCK at everything from service to... oh maybe service!! So shut up and give me my upgrade numutts.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif]Wolf[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif](And to all the 121 pilots: don't be jealous, you can leave the airlines too) [/FONT]

Not that I could care anything about Delta, but let me ask you this.
Why shouldn't you sj operators be subjected to the same taxes that the airlines pay? What makes you so special?
Just curious.

Midge

[/FONT]

Why shouldn't you sj operators be subjected to the same taxes that the airlines pay?

It is not about "sj operators" (?) paying the "same taxes" that the airlines pay. It's about the airlines finding another way to subsidize their poorly run businesses. Senior management at the major air carriers can't figure out how to make (enough) money for them and their shareholders using the failed business models they have, so they're going to attempt to do it at the public trough and on the backs of others.

http://www.aviationacrossamerica.org/pubs/issue_brief.cfm

Last edited:
Actually, GA (including us "sj operators") pays taxes through levies on fuel. And most of the taxes that the airlines are complaining about are actually paid for by the passengers when they purchase a ticket. By the way, according to some estimates, the plan that was being pushed by the airlines might actually REDUCE the tax revenues that are supposed to modernize the ATC system.

Hey midge just raise that 29 dollar fee from hou to lub instead of trying to make others pay for your operating cost.

Wait i hear a heard of cattle lining up for line A.

Not that I could care anything about Delta, but let me ask you this.
Why shouldn't you sj operators be subjected to the same taxes that the airlines pay? What makes you so special?
Just curious.

General aviation currently pays 8.6% of the tax burden while accounting for somewhere between 7-9% of ATC costs. This user-fee crap that the airlines are advocating will give them a $1 billion tax break.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back