Ideal Flying Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jdru25

I just read the post on "Worst flying Job." I am just curious what everyone's "Ideal" flying job would be. Well, I'd love to hear everyone's personal preferences.

I would love to fly a nice Exective Jet. And be able to offer Angle flights to others. I really do not like the idea of working for an Airline. But BizJet and outfits like that I would love to.

2nd would be John Trovolta's Co-Pilot. Great job flying around the world in all those jets and planes.

abatista said:
2nd would be John Trovolta's Co-Pilot. Great job flying around the world in all those jets and planes.

Please...stop...you're killin' me!

best flying job?

Well if you were to propose any job to any pilot, these questions would prevail on top of all others in this order.

1-how much do i get paid?
2-how much time off do i get?
3-what am i flying & who maintains it?

hmm, i would have to say the perfect job would give you all kinds of bling-bling money, give you 20 days off a month, for flying something very comfortable, reliable, and HASSLE FREE....oh an if you wake up and dont feel like flying thaqt day but would rather work on that 1955 chevy bel-air in your garage, that would be just fine with management.

but for me? i dunno. being a pilot for Penthouse or Hustler perhaps? its all about the bennies....or bunnies :p

Last edited:
Seen "Six days..."

Harrison Ford's job in "Six Days, Seven Nights" would be my ideal flying job. Island hopping in a Beaver in the south pacific or possibly Carribean.

Oh well, a guy can dream, can't he?

Well just to add to the discussion, my ideal flying job would be any job where I got paid to fly something. Just seems like getting paid to fly is a sweet deal. Also on a more serious note, flying helicopters for AFSOC or USCG would be my dream job.

Ideal flying job

For me, it would have been Captain at a regional, and not necessarily on an RJ. Turning (turbine-powered) props would have been just fine. I was never after money, but it was important to me to be paid fairly, commensurate with my experience and responsibility, and enough to be comfortable and debt free.

Maybe later, leaving the line to work in the training department. I also would have enjoyed sitting on interview boards.

www.chalksoceanairways.com

I just found these folks about a week ago and I think it's my new dream job. Even the daily schedule is sweet... Does anybody know anything about what it takes to get hired by them?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back