Idea of airliners flown by solo pilots gains ground

nwaf16dude

Total Time
7000+
Okay, maybe "never" was not the right word. "Not in my lifetime," I'll stand by. I'm 45 years old by the way.

Raoul Duke

Total Time
The population of this planet continues to increase exponentially, yet we strive to find ways to reduce the number of available jobs across all industries via automation and technology.

It is unsustainable.

Most of that population explosion is in crappy 3rd world countries - where they are needed to man sweat shops so that prices stay affordable.

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
FedEx, UPS will be first solo flights, and after years of data pax airlines will follow. All of that will happen when all of us are retired.

Who is going to fight the lithium battery fires?

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
Most of that population explosion is in crappy 3rd world countries - where they are needed to man sweat shops so that prices stay affordable.

That's just selfish and evil. You're such a fine upstanding American:rolleyes:!

BLing

Total Time
So the one-and-only pilot is just going to leave the cockpit unattended while he uses the lav?

Hopefully this idea will die a quick death...

32oz Gatorade bottles will become a required flight bag item.

igneousy2

Total Time
100+
First solo pilot needs to take one for the team! Smoking hole on departure of first single pilot airplane should set the idea back at least 30 years.

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
Total Time
X>X
articles like this are designed to open up the discussion.. ten years from now, this can be referenced and stated "we've been talking about this for years"....

It is all about crafting and controlling a message or agenda.....

Sheeple...

rigger

Total Time
8000+
First solo pilot needs to take one for the team! Smoking hole on departure of first single pilot airplane should set the idea back at least 30 years.

That is funny!!! I have a few guys Id like to send in for that one!!!! LOL