• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT files lawsuit against Flexjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HA HA!!! What a double standard! The Teamsters and the 1108 openly harasses, threatens and bullies select pilots and company employees, but the 1108 runs to the lawyers the minute Management returns the favor and treats them in kind. What a crock of crap

So you basically are saying management harasses, threatens and bullies select pilots because the 1108 does. When did the 1108 terminate a pilot or stop their check with no reason given?

I'm not going to defend management at all, but I did find it pretty distasteful when GG from the POC came on yammer and straight up stated if we don't vote in IBT now when they file for singe carrier they will basically try to hose us with the seniority merger. I believe he used the phrase "do what's best for them." Does that qualify as a threat? What happened to "fair and equitable"?

I went back and read what you're referring to and I don't see the statement as a threat. It's common sense. If FLOPS is represented and we aren't, the merger will be harder than it has to be. Smarter to be one big happy family now then to wait until the blood turns cold. He argued getting a contract started first puts us at an advantage. You might not like the facts, but seems to me that's all that was given, not a threat. Are you sure it's just not union bias on your part? I know I've been guilty of it.

Do you want the lies and 1/2 truths of Ricci to make you feel good or the truth from guys like Gary who are at least willing to tell it to you straight even when they know the answer isn't going to be popular or win you over. I respect the fact he was willing to tell the truth even when it didn't cast the union in the best light and created discussion that he should have just avoided if he was trying just to convince us. I'm not happy about the union issue but those guys are not where the blame lies. I've flown with at least half of them and they are all great, trustworthy guys. I believe them when they say they want us to look at all sides of the issues before we decide. It still took the no-show bonus to seal my card though.

Just my two cents and prolly all its worth.

Last edited:
I went back and read what you're referring to and I don't see the statement as a threat. It's common sense. If FLOPS is represented and we aren't, the merger will be harder than it has to be. Smarter to be one big happy family now then to wait until the blood turns cold. He argued getting a contract started first puts us at an advantage. You might not like the facts, but seems to me that's all that was given, not a threat. Are you sure it's just not union bias on your part? I know I've been guilty of it.

Do you want the lies and 1/2 truths of Ricci to make you feel good or the truth from guys like Gary who are at least willing to tell it to you straight even when they know the answer isn't going to be popular or win you over. I respect the fact he was willing to tell the truth even when it didn't cast the union in the best light and created discussion that he should have just avoided if he was trying just to convince us. I'm not happy about the union issue but those guys are not where the blame lies. I've flown with at least half of them and they are all great, trustworthy guys. I believe them when they say they want us to look at all sides of the issues before we decide. It still took the no-show bonus to seal my card though.

Just my two cents and prolly all its worth.

you will not be stapled to the bottom, still join though to have a say in your future

you will not be stapled to the bottom, still join though to have a say in your future

No one ever said anyone was getting stapled. Why do you people on both sides lob the staple crap all the time? Give us in the middle guys a bit more credit of understanding the process.

Your response is a perfect reason no one wants to listen to debate. Here I was giving the union a fair shake and you had to come back at me like I'm an idiot who needs,your explanation and advice.

What was said is FLOPS and the IBT might fight harder for "their version of fair and equitable" if we were not actively pursuing the idea we are all the same pilot group. Not everyone wants to be the same pilot group. I know I don't after seeing what's come over. So what the poc said wasn't a threat it was just common sense no one wants to hear.

FJ has a chip on their shoulder that we're better than you and Ricci has said it from day one. Interesting part about us being better is we seem to be transitioning to all things FLOPS. That just makes us dislike you even more. It is what it is.

well after re-reading your post, I thought you had said something about a staple, so If my response is a "Perfect reason no one wants to listen to debate" then, wow, nothing in my post was negative in any way what so ever. sorry if you took it that way.
As for our geniuses that are coming over, I bet you have some rocket scientists over in your bunch as well, so don't lump all of us FLOPS pilots into your one stereotype.

And if you really have a "Chip on your shoulder" because Ricci said that your better than us, (did you really believe that) welcome to FLOPS, your one of us, I didn't buy you, Ricci did ( take your anger out on him and Canada for selling your company).

Maybe some of your pilots (hopefully not you) might want to think that a large number of pilots here are from RTA and we have been through exactly what your going thru and we don't want to see you get screwed, because we didn't like it one bit.
How is the new Wog going?

Ricci is one smart dude though to grow you guys that quickly and get Gulfstreams. Take your time to do it right as a pilot group and unify. And for crying out loud, stay with a National AFL-CIO union like the Teamsters.

well after re-reading your post, I thought you had said something about a staple, so If my response is a "Perfect reason no one wants to listen to debate" then, wow, nothing in my post was negative in any way what so ever. sorry if you took it that way.
As for our geniuses that are coming over, I bet you have some rocket scientists over in your bunch as well, so don't lump all of us FLOPS pilots into your one stereotype.

And if you really have a "Chip on your shoulder" because Ricci said that your better than us, (did you really believe that) welcome to FLOPS, your one of us, I didn't buy you, Ricci did ( take your anger out on him and Canada for selling your company).

Maybe some of your pilots (hopefully not you) might want to think that a large number of pilots here are from RTA and we have been through exactly what your going thru and we don't want to see you get screwed, because we didn't like it one bit.
How is the new Wog going?

Dude it's all good. My nerves are just a little frayed from all the accusations of what people did or didn't say and I read it like you were saying the organizers threatened a staple when they didn't.

I'm just saying give those of us in the middle enough credit to decipher the BS and understand the process, even when it doesn't favor unionizing. I respect the organizers and pretty sure they're the only people who have not lied even when they prolly should have. Management has lied, the transfers have lied, the Teamsters have lied but they've been stand-up and that says a lot about them but not enough. I consider several of them friends but I'm not just going to follow their lead without looking at all the facts.

My take is 90% are agreed we need something but the majority aren't sure this the way to go. Seriously, I've talked with only 4 or 5 people that oppose unionization in any form. Half the guys I fly with want something but not this. Most strongly favor in house or ALPA. I know that ship sailed, you prolly know it too but 1/2 of our pilot group is still carping on it. I'm complacent on it being the IBT. Not thrilled but realize they can't be worse than Ken Ricci.

You mention wogs. That was a wake up call. We are turning into FLOPS, not the other way around. That's where the shoulder chip comes in. That and the bonus swayed me over. My major concern is now or later. I'm leaning toward the argument now is better but wonder if we're not just adding extra steps unnecessarily.

I got to wondering about 1folinepilot aka old Phil aka Chicken Little and thought since we've all been warned KR is sparing no expense to find out the identities of pro union posters here on flight info that it would he fair play to remind Kenn about some statements he's made about Kenn in the past.

Seriously, it doesn't get more comical than ego driven pilots who forget their past. Yes the formerly pro union, sour graped after he demanded downgrades and then ends up losing in the rules he argued for (the real reason he hates the union), citation air decimating ass turned flex transfer... yep all in the history and no way to deny it.

I think you're a prophet in disquise. Only you would know what it's like to fellate Kenn Ricci.

Enjoy this little exchange. Do yourself a favor chicken and realize for every threatening anonymous email you send out, the more coals will get heaped on your fire. Yeah, people are also aware of those little gems. Nice try with the impartiality but I saw right through it.

Ricci is already making changes.

Some note worthy points for pilots

- No more training contracts
- no more crew rot at FBO's
-crew eat what they want and when. (company pays)
-dedicated crewing of aircraft (maybe?)
-he will be sitting in on negotiations to get them done as soon as possible
-acquisition of another company
-adding another type to fleet
-bad horoscope schedule ( believe it or not its back again)
-making the pilots happy who will then make the PAX happy.

I am cautiously optimistic but, still need it all in writing in a contract.

Essentially Ricci just stated that he is here to save the day and for everybody to trust him. I say put it in writing! Give me a contract! Without it, its just like picking up a drunk chick at a bar and telling her "Trust me and keep going baby, I won't cum in your mouth" (-:
Oh how the roles are reversed. Jetwash was willing to give Kenn a chance and learned real quick the error of his ways.

1folinepilot (chicken little) decided to give turning tricks as the best way to advance his career since sorry ass stick skills were never gonna get him far.

I don't think I can sleep tonight with all the laughter going on in my head.

Last edited:
I got to wondering about 1folinepilot aka old Phil aka Chicken Little and thought since we've all been warned KR is sparing no expense to find out the identities of pro union posters here on flight info that it would he fair play to remind Kenn about some statements he's made about Kenn in the past.

Seriously, it doesn't get more comical than ego driven pilots who forget their past. Yes the formerly pro union, sour graped after he demanded downgrades and then ends up losing in the rules he argued for (the real reason he hates the union), citation air decimating ass turned flex transfer... yep all in the history and no way to deny it.

I think you're a prophet in disquise. Only you would know what it's like to fellate Kenn Ricci.

Enjoy this little exchange. Do yourself a favor chicken and realize for every threatening anonymous email you send out, the more coals will get heaped on your fire. Yeah, people are also aware of those little gems. Nice try with the impartiality but I saw right through it.

Oh how the roles are reversed. Jetwash was willing to give Kenn a chance and learned real quick the error of his ways.

1folinepilot (chicken little) decided to give turning tricks as the best way to advance his career since sorry ass stick skills were never gonna get him far.

I don't think I can sleep tonight with all the laughter going on in my head.

I think you quoted someone else as me.......

I wrote " Ricci is already making changes"

The the rest was written by someone else who quoted me.

It is just very frustrating when you see something printed / quoted that is not just disingenuous but a lie.

Want to know what else is frustrating? Seeing others, but especially someone like you who should be impartial, berating me for having a vested interest in my family as it relates to my husband's career.

Unless I have solid proof, I can't determine whether a quote is disingenuous or an outright lie. The only thing that can be done is to make sure both sides get their say.

Also, I didn't berate you for having an interest in this. All I said is that from where I sit, not all of your posts are helping to bring clarity or unity to the group. That's an observation, certainly not a berating. Hopefully you'll take that and learn from this comment so your input here is more directed and valuable to helping, not hurting, your husband's career.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back