IBC Cargo - Saab 340 & Metro Operator at MIA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

A friend of mine is looking to bolt from Mesaba (big surprise) with some limited time on the Saab 340. Anyone know about this cargo operator out of MIA? I gather that they operate a bunch of Saabs, Metros and Shorts aircraft.

Any impressions of IBC? Anyone know about schedules and QOL and even starting income on the Saab? Would he be able to start on the Saab with that experience or would he have to start on the Metro or Shorts? Are all pilots based at MIA?

Would be nice to get a sun tan once and awhile vs. shivering in the cold in Northern Minnesota...

johnsonrod said:
A friend of mine is looking to bolt from Mesaba (big surprise) with some limited time on the Saab 340. Anyone know about this cargo operator out of MIA? I gather that they operate a bunch of Saabs, Metros and Shorts aircraft.

Any impressions of IBC? Anyone know about schedules and QOL and even starting income on the Saab? Would he be able to start on the Saab with that experience or would he have to start on the Metro or Shorts? Are all pilots based at MIA?

Would be nice to get a sun tan once and awhile vs. shivering in the cold in Northern Minnesota...

$18,500 a year to start last i heard.

Go To Colgan

johnsonrod said:
A friend of mine is looking to bolt from Mesaba (big surprise) with some limited time on the Saab 340.

If he intends on staying in the airline biz...he should go to Colgan. It will pay more and while it won't necessarily be in a warm climate (no worse than Minnesota!) it will be 121 time and a lot of it. Good luck!

Haven't heard much about this carrier in a while. How are they doing and has the pay improved? Website is pretty vague on employment...

Latest resources

Back