• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IAH ATC Is The Worse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IAH ATC has to be the worse there is!!!! I love it when they postion and hold you on 15L/R for 10 minutes at a time. Or they decide to put 30 aircraft off of 15R and not use 15L. Or the spacing into IAH, they S turn you 20 times to get into IAH and slow to 250kts. And the new program they have in effect where ground contacts you instead of calling clearence. I've sat there for 20 minutes waiting for them to call me when i was number one on the whole airport. Why can't you guys work like ORD, EWR, or ATL? You guys suckkkkk.

You're pathetic. Write your congressmen.

I spent five years flying into and around IAH, SGR, DWH, and HOU. My opinion is that they are some of the best. I've had controllers go out of the way to get my airplane heading as straight to the destination as possible whether I was in a C-182 or a LR-45. Houston is complex with BPT departures coming right under the DAS arrival into IAH, conflicting traffic landing 12's and IAH, the 91/135 traffic into SGR, and the VFR corridor splitting both HOU and IAH. Not to mention a dozen other airports underlying all this traffic.

I have yet to see anything unrealistic or unreasonable. But I defer to some you who have more operational experience there.

Our ATC system as a whole is outdated. VHF comms need to be replaced with CPDL and radar separation needs to give way to ADS-B. Unfortunately, some of the loudest complainers work for those who will fight with every last bit of effort to resist these upgrades. Airlines hate to spend money on anything. They have to be regulated into change.

Until we move comm and separation into the 21st century we are stuck with what we have. And it's just going to get worse with the increased traffic.

Latest resources

Back