• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I Think Its About Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There will never be a piece of legislation that prevents stupidity. Professionalism begins and ends in your cockpit with you demonstrating to both junior and senior flight crew members. I am sure you uphold the bar as do I. It is our job as pilots to set that bar high and not allow anything less. It is not and should not be a job for politicians.

I absolutely agree. Unfortunately there are those in our profession for some reason or another refuse or are incapable of setting a high bar and allow whatever level of professionalism is convenient for them. With absolutely no regard to the image they portray or the responsibility they have to their passengers, crew and people on the ground, these pilots require a less autonomous means of regulation.

All of you republican's look at who introduced this bill. It is time to stop voting against our best interests. Like it or not, we are not white collar workers, we are a union trade group, skilled yes, but not white collar. Republican congressmen and women are not our friends.

I don't know about your collar but mine is white!

All of you republican's look at who introduced this bill. It is time to stop voting against our best interests. Like it or not, we are not white collar workers, we are a union trade group, skilled yes, but not white collar. Republican congressmen and women are not our friends.

How about Democrat Al Franken introducing legislation to ban personal computers in the cockpit?

Congress isn't our friend whether they are Democrat or Republican...I vote for the person that will do the least amount of harm....Democrats don't fit that requirement..

I vote for those who I think will do the least amount of harm to the economy because you need a good economy if you want to bargain for more.

Voting Democrat is against my interest and the interests of this country....This wouldn't be an issue if two of our own hadn't totally lost situational awareness for hours...Do they get any blame for this issue?

Mr. Lazy. If the FAA decides to put a camera in the cockpit rest assured it will be battery powered with a tamper proof sealed case that can only be serviced by maintenance so as to prevent "smart guys" like you from "popping" the circuit breaker. The gum comment was a joke.

This will work! At least until a flight is canceled because the batteries in the camera died or it shorted out and caused a fire. I don't know if it will happen, but if it does, it will be hardwired to the aircraft and have a circuit breaker for protection.

Cameras in the cockpit? Nothing a Sharpie marker can't fix. The limited area of "defect" makes it easier to miss on preflight, and harder for maintenance to repair cheaply.

The airlines know better than to think that we will allow cameras into our cockpits, and that we will allow our CVR data to be held against us when we safely complete a flight. Such actions will prove costly if enacted.

Like someone said above, you can't regulate stupid, and a camera won't stop you from crashing an airplane.

Why don't they jsut look at FOCA. You don't need cameras FOCA gives you all the info on the flight. Also they used to listen to voice recorders in the old days, but heard nothing because pilots just popped the circuit breakers all the time.

Why don't they jsut look at FOCA. You don't need cameras FOCA gives you all the info on the flight. Also they used to listen to voice recorders in the old days, but heard nothing because pilots just popped the circuit breakers all the time.

Ah - Do you mean FOQA? Which by the way can give you quite a bit of information, just not what they pilot's were saying or doing. FOQA is also covered under confidentiality agreements.

I absolutely agree. Unfortunately there are those in our profession for some reason or another refuse or are incapable of setting a high bar and allow whatever level of professionalism is convenient for them. With absolutely no regard to the image they portray or the responsibility they have to their passengers, crew and people on the ground, these pilots require a less autonomous means of regulation.

Triple seven-- As I am sure you would agree, so much of our job performance depends on the condition we come to work. Therefore, it seems we need cameras in our hotel rooms, homes, cars etc. As well as 24 hour monitoring of our phones. And psch evals every week at least, to make sure we are all in the proper mind set. Orwellian? Who will watch the watchers--

Latest resources

Back