I lost a friend

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mocaman

My friend was killed today flying a 421 in KY. I was at Mcdonalds and looked down at the paper and saw his face and beside it read "3 dead in plane crash". It is a very sad day. I never thought I would ever have to write something like this. It's nice to express how i am feeling to all of the wonderful pilots on this board. Thanks.

my condolences...unfortunately, aviation is a small world, and if youre around it long enough, it seems a guarantee that you will lose someone you know :(

So sorry to hear that! I lost a friend back in December and know how difficult it can be to continue flying, but it should give you comfort that they were doing what they loved when the unfortunate accident happened. I'm sure they're all flying with their very own wings now.

we Air Midwest pilots lost two of our own last month. So I feel your pain and am sorry for your loss.

I've been thru this before. My heart goes out to you and the family. Just remember, time heals all wounds.
FD

mocaman,

I knew him too, in fact, G&N was doing my overhaul and I was picking it up Sunday when I heard the news. Small world indeed. That makes 3 freinds in 2 years, not good.

Sorry to hear of the bad news. Yet another terrible loss to the aviation community. My thoughts are with his friends and family.

Skyking

I feel your pain, I lost a friend in December of 2002. It has been several months and I still can't believe the report when I look at it, this only happens to other people, right?

In memory, I am making a renewed commitment to my students safety and their knowledge. I hope to plant a few seeds that will help to keep them and their families safe.

Some days the price seems kind of high.......but it's worth it!

Condolences

I, too, am sorry for your loss. While I may not have known your friend personally it is always a loss when another pilot loses his/her life while flying. It has happened to me a couple of times as well.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back