How's Evergreen??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its really not that bad here.

Do I wish I made more money? OHHH YEAHHHHH.

Overall, you gotta take the good with the bad.

Most of what you hear from guys on the street is total bunk.

Believe me, it's better than being on the street, and if you get stuck somewhere, it's better to be at Evergreen than a lot of places.

Yeah, the money stinks, and we have union/company controversy like crazy right now, the company heirarchy and practices are stuck in the dark ages, but the planes are in pretty good shape, the people are great for the most part, and having almost two weeks off every month is really nice.

There are worse place to work, and that's saying alot considering what's going on out there right now. It's nice to support the troops, too. And who knows? UPS or something could be your next step if you want to leave.

Just beware the short term layoff, be ready for the 16 day lines, and prepare to fill out reports and other crap on your days off... heh.

And no, it isn't a scumbag outfit by any means... I'm not a huge fan of the company, but I don't think anyone at Evergreen will let you call us a scumbag operation and take it lying down.

Pay stinks for what we do...but it is the funnest flying out there. I see myself doing "scumbag" flying for awhile! What other job can you get days off in Europe, Asia, Guam and Hawaii ....all in one trip to go out and do what you want ... like attend church, help the poor, do community service and go to the local library (Wan Chai has a really excellent public library and in Lagos "Habitat for Humanity" is a great way to spend your day... my trips help me keep my sanity, catch up on rest and focus in life...at home I turn into a raving sex crazed alcoholic).

Last edited:
Pay stinks for what we do...but it is the funnest flying out there. I see myself doing "scumbag" flying for awhile! What other job can you get days off in Europe, Asia, Guam and Hawaii ....all in one trip to go out and do what you want ... like attend church, help the poor, do community service and go to the local library (Wan Chai has a really excellent public library and in Lagos "Habitat for Humanity" is a great way to spend your day... my trips help me keep my sanity, catch up on rest and focus in life...at home I turn into a raving sex crazed alcoholic).

Spitfire, I know you have that all backwards :laugh: You like nothing more than a scrum down in Wan Chai :pimp: Stop trying to miss lead everyone!

Any opinions on what upgrade time looks like for a new hire? How long to hold F/O on the LCF?

Thanks again!

Maybe 3 years on the classic,LCF the same,IF we get the 400/BCF.And at this point a big IF.We should be growing for some time.But never underestimate the old man, [DEL] to screw things up.And its not really a bad place to work if your out of a job.

Any ex-Army pilots there ? looking for an inside contact.

What are the usual hiring mins for flight time?

What do your schedules look like?

thanks!

They are looking for ~4-5K TT and at least 1000 turbine.

Schedules are something like 16 on/14 off, but of course they have you for another couple of days after yer line ends...

Thanks

as for the short term lay offs.....how many usually go at a time? for how long on an average?

Latest resources

Back