How to contact a unit???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chawbein

I'm trying to contact a unit to see if they have any openings for pilots, and I was wondering who I should ask for? Any tips? I am having trouble getting ahold of anyone in the unit.

I've asked the same question a few times now, and it seems each unit has a different answer. I know people say avoid the recruiter, but each one I've called gave me a point of contact that gouged me up on whether or not they were accepting applications, when to apply, etc. I assume you're talking guard units.
Best of luck.

Check out the websites, if they don't have a officer/navigator/pilot recruiter then you can call the enlisted recruiter, or any other number listed, and ask for the appropriate person. I assume you are also looking at baseops.net. I was really surprised by the Guard. I called around 30 units and they were all very friendly and helpful at all ranks.

Contact

You need to get a hold of the operations group commander, or operations officer. In general, those are the people who way in heavily on making reccomendations to the pilot board and/or Guard Bureau.

Last edited:
Exactly, go straight to the horse’s mouth. Don't waste time going to a recruiter. You want the facts, like when the next pilot board is. This is not new information, you should see how many resumes our OG gets. Most resumes will get a letter back, at least from us, stating what you want to know. Most Operations Group Commanders (OGs) have secretaries. Call them, to get their address. How do you call them you ask? Pick up and IFR Supplement, look up your targeted unit, call them and ask for the OG's office. Be sure to call the ANG number, not the ARNG. Trust me, you don’t want to call the ARNG number. There you have it.

Good luck, we’re all counting on you.

Wow interesting stuff. Wish I had know this a few months back I'm sure it would have helped alot.

Latest resources

Back