• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How to buy a Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First piece of advice is to get out while you can................ just kidding!!! Conklin and deDecker is a great place to start as far as value and operating cost. The trick is finding a GOOD broker to get you through the rest. PM me for a great broker if you are interested.

That new Eclipse Jet is bad ass. At $1.3 Mill and it's cheap operating cost and speed, you could possibly make money.

R.I.P. Mark!!

Junkflyer said:
Find a reputable consulting company and pay their fee. They will have specs and operating costs/maint/insurance/range-burn/far's etc.on a range of different aircraft. A broker wants to sell you an airplane and make comission. A consultant is paid to give you info and steer you in the right direction.

Yep, these are the folks you want to deal with. Not necessarily just brokers that are partially to sellling. A reputable consulting firm can help you define an aircraft for you needs, wants, missions, price, etc...and will do an excellent analysis of operational costs.

They can also act as a buyers agent when a airplane decision has been made and have access to a variety of folks (brokers included) that are qualified to conduct dudiligence on the specific type. This is the kind of guidance that is absolutely necessary.

I have done work with this particular company on several ocassions and I find them a first-class company.

<http://www.amsconsultants.com/cp.html>

Good luck

Just a thought...
If this is to be owner flown and he doeesn't already know this information, then talk him out of it and save him from killing himself.

Yah, your going to want an outside maintenace contractor. Try Leading Edge out of Dallas........they are thorough at looking at MTR's, 8130's, logbook entries, RDR's and paperwork. There are some companies that supply pilots which do specific aircraft acceptance and delivery flights (and Leading Edge could help you out with that as well). You will want someone familiar with an OEM's functional operating checks on the aircraft you choose.

paulsalem said:
Can anyone recommend a consulting firm and/or a broker around CMH?

Capital City Aircraft Sales, out of the KDLZ area.

Not totally sure he is involved with jets, but the owner/president is a great guy.

capital-aircraft.com

Art V.

Latest resources

Back