Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many of you thought you'd be where you are now in your career?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
3 words to success...

You never know!

I have been flying since I was 16. I have never given up and always stayed motivated and ambitious. It has been very tuff and quite a few times my career aspects seemed very bleak. But I stuck with it. It has paid and will continue to pay off...you just cant give up. I believe that alot of this career is attrition. Those that quit "God bless them", just thin the ranks and affording more opportunity to those that are left. If you step aside from yourself and compare your situation as a Pro Pilot to the average working Joe, we got pretty good it alot of aspects...Good Luck

here goes my 2 cents......
i took it all for granted.......i grew up with a pops who was a decorated USAF vietnam pilot having flown into some heavy sh_t.....
there was always a plane around growing up...172, saratoga......he said "get your private by your 17th b-day!".....riiiiiiight.....i was too busy surfing and chasing girls.......
then, the start of my sophmore year of college he tells me "you know, you can join the air guard, fly part time with them and hook up with the airlines and you're set.....you can fly the world and live at home..."
at the time i was studying geography and wanted to be a professor and have a college pay me to travel the world and teach on the side....but the flying bug ended up getting me......
i'm still waiting on the guard and flying 121 on the side and not making squat (think of a regional turbprop based in denver...), but damn......i'm having a good time....i don't care about the money.....i have seen some things in my life that tells me life is too short to get hung up on that crap....believe it or not, every day is a good day.....as long as you love what you do.....don't get caught up in all the negative on this board/website....everything in life is what you make of it.....
now.....where is my vodka.........

Latest resources

Back