• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How it was?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Were the mins just as low in the late 90's early 00's as they are now? Seems just about everyone is hiring at about a 1000/100. Could someone who went the regional route back then chime in, please?

Vladimir Lenin said:
Were the mins just as low in the late 90's early 00's as they are now? Seems just about everyone is hiring at about a 1000/100. Could someone who went the regional route back then chime in, please?

95 to 98 mins for a turboprop regional were right around 2500 TT and 1000 Multi.

By 99 to 2000 you were starting to see it drop to 1500TT and in some special cases (UND program deal with regional) 1000TT and 400 multi.

I have a copy of a United Pilot Application from the 70's or 80's. Says you need a Commercial Certificate and 350 total time.

I was once thinking about filling it out and mailing it in to them!

Vladimir,

There were plenty of people hired with less than 1000 total time only a few years ago. Coex tended to hire with less than 1000 and as already mentioned, bridge program participants and interns hired on at regionals with less than 1000.

Mr. I.

FlyChicaga said:
I have a copy of a United Pilot Application from the 70's or 80's. Says you need a Commercial Certificate and 350 total time.

Go for it dip$hit.

KeroseneSnorter said:
By 99 to 2000 you were starting to see it drop to 1500TT and in some special cases (UND program deal with regional) 1000TT and 400 multi.

In 1999 to 2000, Mesaba's published mins were 1000TT and 100 multi. Eagle was 1000TT 200 multi.

FlyChicaga said:

I did. Several times. Never heard anything. Heard it was for the military guys that were coming out after 6 years with low total time, all turbojet...

In the early 90's UAL was hiring people with less than 1000 TT. You just couldn't be a white male. Add a "0" to the TT figure if you were.TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back