Hotel Prices

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cub46yc

It seems that hotel prices and availability are going through the roof lately. Anyone else seeing these trends or are we just hitting every convention city at the wrong time. :mad: What are your company hotel overnight limits??

We ALWAYS stay at the same quality of hotel. Hilton, Garden Inn or Embassy ect. I cannot help the prices of hotels and we spend too many nights on the road to dumb it down.

Never appologize to a guy who can afford a jet or try and save him a few buck at your personal expense.

And yes they are getting ridiculous. We spent $325/night in HNL over New Years! Ouch!

G100driver said:
We ALWAYS stay at the same quality of hotel. Hilton, Garden Inn or Embassy ect. I cannot help the prices of hotels and we spend too many nights on the road to dumb it down.

Never appologize to a guy who can afford a jet or try and save him a few buck at your personal expense.

And yes they are getting ridiculous. We spent $325/night in HNL over New Years! Ouch!

We got bent over by the Marriot-Detroit during the auto show. Six people and six rooms at $375 a piece. What a rip.

stuckinGFK said:
We got bent over by the Marriot-Detroit during the auto show. Six people and six rooms at $375 a piece. What a rip.

I agree it is a rip. But as they say, "If you want to play, you gotta pay". They do say that don't they??
Besides, I'm assuming it wasn't "your" money anyway. Collect the points, and chalk it up to the cost of doing business.

Try Paris, London, Tokyo -- $375 might just be a bargain!!

If ya wanna play...

Just be sure to do your part, comparision shop all the hotels at your level (marriotts, Hiltons, Hyatts, Interconts, Ritz..etc..) and stay towards the middle...always looks good if you get "audited". The excpetions are iffy locations like the Mideast, Indonesia, Africa etc, then I stay where the pax stay (uh, the best, safest) common sense.

Pricy hotels are just the norm in choice cities these days...and Im not slumming to save a billionaire $50/night -- and hate working with tools who want to.

Just as bad are jackass pilots who drive by a handful of 5 star hotels in choice locations to stay in some outdated Marriott dump to earn freakin' points. You Marriott Queens need to be bitch slapped!

450 a night hilton london towers.

Booked for 2 nights then had to leave a day early.

Hotel wouldn't refund my money. Nice of them even though I'm diamond. So i refused to checkout. I wasn't going to let them resell the room if they weren't going to give my money back.

Idea

I frequently find and book hotels on www.aa.com click on reservations/hotels This is American Airlines site. You can search by city or airport identifier.

I have found some great rates, both US and Europe. I lived in Italy for 6+ years and used this site in Italy and other locations around Europe for decent prices.

Latest resources

Back