Hotel Points/FF miles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AceCrackshot

I know this came up, but I couldn't find it in the search mode...
How does everyone keep up with FF miles and hotel points?

Which ones are the best, how do you track your points?

Do you just pick one program and try to steer your points there, and just punt on the ones outside the network?

OR...do you just accumulate as may points as many places as you can?

Thanks!

I can't really pick where I stay, but I can pick what airline I fly, aslong as the prices are pretty close. I've found that Delta Skymiles is the best plan to be in. You earn skymiles whenever you fly Continental, NWA, or Delta, and when you want to go somewhere this codeshare agreement gives you the best network. Delta also gives you 150% points for flying the walkup fare. Also, the hotels I stay at for the most part, and the Amex I use both allow points to be converted into Skymiles.

I found delta skymiles, priority club and starwood pretty good.
If you have a lot of cards, consider https://maxmiles.com/mileageminer.php?rsrc=home
It keeps track of a bunch the easy way.
It's free for 3 months, so you'll have some time to ty it out. (that's what I'm doing right now)

credit cards

which credit cards do you guys use? do they accrue points for airlines points too? all the new guys in the frac dept need help on how to amximize this perk.

mjm

Thanks for the recommendation Bizjet737.

Excellent program!!!!

Try Yodlee.com.
Its a free web based account aggregation site.

My company stays at Marriott as much as they can but I've heard Starwood has a better points system.

I would rather have hotel points than FFB miles. The airlines are getting worse about blackout dates for travel.

I've got the Marriott rewards Visa. You get triple points for dollars spent at a Marriott and 1 for1 for every other purchase.TC

At NJA our union travel committe has done wonders with ensuring the company continues using Hilton properties. Being that we use primarily Hilton, many (including myself) use the American Express Hilton Honors credit card. At Hilton properties, we get 5 times dollar amount in points for each stay and can double dip with miles. Airline choices vary with pilots, depending on their gateway, etc. Hilton Honor has about 6000 "diamond" members world wide, and of that 6000, about 2000 are NJA guys. Before I started initial training, I did the same thing as you, got on here and asked which card to get. I was steered to the AMEX Hilton Honors card and have been very happy. Took wife on European vacation and stayed in an unbelievable 5-star hotel for a week. The airfare was NOT included, but the hotel was really fantastic. My buddy is on the way to Hawaii this week for vacation using his points and miles.

Latest resources

Back