• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
classes

4-8 for the Q200 in Nov.
3-6 for the Q400 in Nov.
3-6 for the CRJ 700 in Nov.

Not sure how many of those will be upgrades.

Tom

All of you need to give up the LA base bull$hit. It'll never happen. Not with this management, not with this company.

They're all a bunch of stingy bitches.

turbodriver said:
All of you need to give up the LA base bull$hit. It'll never happen. Not with this management, not with this company.

They're all a bunch of stingy bitches.

Why would anyone want an LA 400 base? Cost of living in Seattle and Portland are high enough. Why would someone want to try to live in SoCal on the same wages?

Bob Loblaw said:
Why would anyone want an LA 400 base? Cost of living in Seattle and Portland are high enough. Why would someone want to try to live in SoCal on the same wages?
Most people would commute anyway. So it wouldn't be an issue. A few folks live down there so they would be ecstatic.

Last edited:
I agree, aint gonna happen. This company is loves playing the defensive game. Try to defend their territory instead of growing like all the other companies. It is what it is and I guess you love it or hate.

It would become quite competitive for the j/s down there i bet. I know I surely would never move my family down near LA.

LA isn't going to happen just like denver will never happen. Its going to get done, in one way or another, QX has already submitted to the board plans for
LA, the VP (Gene Hahn) has said he would like QX in LA, the air group has said the next big growth would be LA when terminal 3 is re done. Hey, who really cares anyway?

I don't think a lot of growth would be necessary to justify the LA base. A little more growth in CA/NV might tip the scales. "Recovery times" are too long without a base there now. Doesn't Skywest have a reserve-only base in LA? Maybe that would be the model for QX.

Could some Horizon guys answer a question about FO pay? One of my buddies said that over there they divide all FOs up into 3 categories. The bottom 1/3 is Dash8 pay, the middle 1/3 is DH4 pay and the upper 1/3 get the CRJ700 pay regardless of what you actually fly. So a bottom 1/3 FO flying the CRJ would be getting Dash 8 wages.

It sounds far fetched, but if it's true that's messed up.

labbats said:
Could some Horizon guys answer a question about FO pay? One of my buddies said that over there they divide all FOs up into 3 categories. The bottom 1/3 is Dash8 pay, the middle 1/3 is DH4 pay and the upper 1/3 get the CRJ700 pay regardless of what you actually fly. So a bottom 1/3 FO flying the CRJ would be getting Dash 8 wages.

It sounds far fetched, but if it's true that's messed up.

As an FO, you get paid for the A/C your seniority "could" hold. It's not really 1/3's, since there are more -200 FO's. If your seniority could hold RJ, but you elect to stay in the -200 (or are forced to by seat-lock), you still get RJ pay.

You say it's messed up, and that's a pretty common reaction. But for a lot of folks it makes sense. You can stay put as an FO and still make more money. Don't have to chase the money by bidding away from your preferred A/C or base.

Latest resources

Back